VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Jagabo,

The "Etc\Hosts" file doesn't exist on my Windows 7 directory after "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers". Are you using Win 7?
    Best regards, Richard
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes, I'm using Win7. Be sure Explorer is set up to display hidden an system files. This is Win 7, 64 bit, Home Premium:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	hosts.png
Views:	171
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	8643
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    OK, so we're both using the same OS. I set Windows Explorer to show hidden files & folders, then added the two lines into the hosts file as you instructed. Regardless, the "Leave em Laughing video didn't record" & there was no activity in the CLI window. I'm getting thoroughly confused. ??Ideas please??
    Best regards, Richard
    Quote Quote  
  4. I downloaded the ZIP file I uploaded and unzipped the folder to the Desktop. I opened the folder and ran rtmpExplorer. I entered this link:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/255315/the-lost-films-of-laurel-and-hardy-leave-em-laughing

in the URL box and pressed the Go button. The video started downloading right away.

Did you get the warning message about not being able to display ads? Did you restart rtmpExplorer after saving the hosts file? Did you verify the hosts file was changed?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    WM Capture 5 works where Streamtransport fails but, it's not free. You can save to DVD mpg for quick burning, if desired.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    [QUOTE=jagabo;Did you get the warning message about not being able to display ads? Did you restart rtmpExplorer after saving the hosts file? Did you verify the hosts file was changed?[/QUOTE]

Good news - it's recording now. How sweet it is. All it took was to restart Windows after changing the hosts file. Many thanks my friend.
    Best regards, Richard
    Quote Quote  
  7. Weird that you had to reboot but all I had to do was restart the program. Whatever works...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Weird that you had to reboot but all I had to do was restart the program. Whatever works...
    the hosts file only load at boot.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Weird that you had to reboot but all I had to do was restart the program. Whatever works...
    the hosts file only load at boot.
    Not for me. I just have to close a browser and restart it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    [/QUOTE]
    the hosts file only load at boot.[/QUOTE]
    Not for me. I just have to close a browser and restart it.[/QUOTE]

In hind sight, perhaps the reboot scenario was just a coincidence - I had shut down for dinner. Maybe it would have recorded if I had just tried closing & re-launching. Jagabo, what "browser" are you referring to - Internet browser or other?

Regardless, after doing two more videos, I noticed that it doesn't start recording predictably every time. On one video, I had to close the rtmpExplorer & re-launch it three times before it started to record.
    Best regards, Richard
    Quote Quote  
  11. I use Internet Explorer and Firefox.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Ran into a brick wall now. Getting errors: rtmp server sent error and rtmp server requested close. ??????????
    Best regards, Richard
    Quote Quote