VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently made an non-compliant SVCD using Sefy's SxVCD template. When I try to play it using powerdvd it says the cd is of an unknown format. If I try it on my Apex-500W it works totally fine. Can PowerDVD play non-compliant SVCD's? (I burned the CD with Nero 5.5.2.4.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    power dvd does not play svcds at all. in order to play one you need to go in file mode and select the mpeg2. If you do this it should play any mpeg2 file regardless of how non-compliant it is.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Is there any software player for SVCDs not just the mpeg files in the mpeg2/mpegav folder?
    r@yjr13 ¦-< what you lookin at¿ :o

¡Now selling audioly and visually challenged coasters, frisbees, and vanity mirrors!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    WinDVD v2.4 plays my SVCD discs without problems.
    Quote Quote  
  5. i notice once you pass a certain bitrate threshhold in powerdvd the goto function stops working i.e. 2600 video, 224 audio svcd is too high
    Quote Quote  
  6. is there any launcher program available for svcd playback
    that supports subtitles and multi audio tracks as well as mpeg2 mutichannel ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Judicator: No, multiple audio tracks and soft encoded subs are only available on a hardware player.

The only way to get subs on a software player is to hard encode them into the picture. (physically encode it in the picture.)
    Quote Quote