Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bad_BDR.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	772.4 KB
ID:	24242

Does it look funny for a brand new, never used BD-R? I bought a 3 pack Verbantim from Best Buy locally for about $7.50 after taxes and when I opened it, all 3 looked like they were double banded like they are wet. I'm afraid to try any of the 3 I got as it might end up ruining my BD burner.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Im sure someone can better comment than myself on this as i've never bought a BD-R, but id say its probably moisture that seeped inbetween the layers, chances are it wont effect playback at all when you burn on it, but still its not nice to look at when you open a new disc.
    Status - Attacked by mold spores. - Pour out a lil liquor for all the homies lost in the format wars. Sanlyn will live again, a Sanlyn v2.0 if you will
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    You won't ruin your burner. But these do look defective. Bad dye spread perhaps?

Are these LTH discs? My regular HTL Verbatim have a dark grey look, almost black, with irridescence showing when you hold them at an angle to the light.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That BD-R looks like it's afflicted with gamemaniaco curse. Okay seriously, that looks defective. It probably won't damage your burner but just the same I'll return it ASAP. BTW $7.50 for a 3pack seems a bit steep. I generally wouldn't buy optical media from Best buy.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    return them...the dye dried to fast before they applied the outer layer...don't use em cause they won't burn correctly anyhow
    Quote Quote