VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey all. I was curious about a dvd that wasnt playing some avis very well in my player, so i decided to copy 6 dvd´s to my computer. well it seems that most wont copy anymore.

Oddly enough, the most recent one playing in my dvd was running good, and its only been able to copy 2 of 12 vids to the hdd. I did read anothe post about using an iso software, and it seems to help some, except for the fact that its gonna take about 30 hours to copy.

What other options do i have now to get my files onto the hdd????
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    do you mean isobuster?

try copy with another dvd reader/computer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If ISOBuster is reporting a 30 hour ripping time I'd say more than likely your DVDs are damaged. They may have fine scratches, dirt, fingerprints, or other debris issues. I had one that had a tiny spot on it that was barely visible. After removing it the DVD re-ripped just fine using no special programs. Your disc may also have been not recorded perfectly and therefore it can not be read back into the computer. It may play just fine but it won't rip. If you know someone who has a duplicator you may want to try using that. I would definitely not recommend allowing your DVD drive to run for 30 hours straight unless you have a backup drive ready to install soon after that one fails.
    Quote Quote