VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Using VCDEasy 1.1.5.2, I tried the "Create a BIN CD Image" option in CDRDAO Tools to make an image of an SVCD.

It created a BIN image OK, but instead of a CUE file I got a TOC instead. Is there an option somewhere I've missed to say I want a CUE file? Neither Nero nor Fireburner support burning an image from a TOC.

I know you can use CDRWin or Alcohol 120 to create a BIN/CUE image, but I don't have either of these programs.

Is there something that can convert a TOC to a CUE? They are both only text files, after all...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Since VCDEasy uses VCDImager to actually create the image, it should create a CUE/BIN image if you choose it to...

Open up the "TOC" file with a text editor. What does it look like?

It may simply be a CUE file with a different extension for some reason.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  3. No, it's definitely not a CUE file:
    Code:
    CD_ROM_XA

// Track 1
    TRACK MODE2_RAW
    NO COPY
    DATAFILE "C:/videocd.bin" 00:06:00 // length in bytes: 1058400

// Track 2
    TRACK MODE2_RAW
    NO COPY
    DATAFILE "C:/videocd.bin" #1058400 70:56:06 // length in bytes: 750772512

// Track 3
    TRACK MODE2_RAW
    NO COPY
    DATAFILE "C:/videocd.bin" #751830912 00:07:45 // length in bytes: 1340640
    The original CUE looked like this:
    Code:
    FILE "C:\videocd.bin" BINARY
      TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
        INDEX 01 00:00:00
      TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
        INDEX 00 00:04:00
        INDEX 01 00:06:00
      TRACK 03 MODE2/2352
        INDEX 00 71:00:06
        INDEX 01 71:02:06
    So, all I have to do is learn how to use VCDImager, and type the relevant instructions at a command prompt?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Nope, that looks like a TOC image...

Curious... Are you sure that you set VCDEasy to create a CUE/BIN image?

In any case, if you used VCDEasy to make your XML file, you can use VCDXBUILD (part of VCDImager) to actually build the CUE/BIN image. I would suggest that you forgoe the command prompt and just use VCDImager Tools GUI (a GUI to VCDImager). It's easier...

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by vitualis
    Curious... Are you sure that you set VCDEasy to create a CUE/BIN image?

unless there is another option somewhere I've missed?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Side track a little bit, why you need cue/bin images/files? Why not simply use VCDEasy burning your SVCD direct. When I use VCDEasy, I care less for these files and settings, my target is an acceptable quality SVCD from VCDEasy!
    Sam Ontario
    Quote Quote  
  7. Because VCDEasy doesn't actually burn anything...

VCDEasy uses VCDImager to first create an image (either CUE/BIN or TOC) and then uses CDRDAO to burn the image.

CDRDAO doesn't work with some burners (for example, it will not work with any external burners) and if that is the case, you will need to create the image first and use another program to burn.

Miles, have you tried the "detailed" CUE/BIN option? This is actually VCDImager's standard CUE/BIN image output. The "non-detailed" output is where VCDEasy edits out the additional subindices after VCDImager has created the image. Perhaps there is a bug in your version/installation of VCDEasy.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    Quote Quote  
  8. Found it! A little file called toc2cue.exe in the C:\Program Files\VCDEasy\CDRDAO directory.

Virtualis, sorry I wasn't clear enough, but I understand now - VCDEasy does not use VCDImager for making an image from a disc already burned, CDRDAO handles that part of the program, and will always give a TOC.

The CD image options in settings is only for the VCDImager part.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vitualis
    Because VCDEasy doesn't actually burn anything...

VCDEasy uses VCDImager to first create an image (either CUE/BIN or TOC) and then uses CDRDAO to burn the image.

CDRDAO doesn't work with some burners (for example, it will not work with any external burners) and if that is the case, you will need to create the image first and use another program to burn....
    Thanks we can learn a lot from you and others.
    Sam Ontario
    Quote Quote  
  10. Okay... it's all clear now...

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    Quote Quote