VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread

1. I'm having trouble getting a VCD to play on my Panasonic RV31 DVD Player. I converted the dat file on the VCD to MPEG with VCD Gear 3.05 and then tried to reburn the MPEG files using Nero's VCD creator, I got the following message from Nero "Invalid audio stream 32000hz 2 channel". After that failed I tried MPEG corrector and got the same error. Has anyone been able to successfully convert this type of dat file so that the VCDs are compatible with stand alone DVD players? The
    VCD in question plays perfectly on my pc but who wants to watch a show on
    their computer?????????
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Milan
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is because the VCD standard requires 44100kHz audio sample rate. What is to do?
    Demultiplex the MPEG and convert the audio file once again. Use the original bitrate but change the samplerate from 32000 to 44100kHz. Use the TMPG to do this, but use toolame and ssrc as external tools.
    Multiplex afterwards.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Why would U even need to convert a dat as it should already be mpeg compliant??? But as trueman said just demultiplex it or run it through Tmpeg as if U were converting a dvd using a set template within tmpeg
    Quote Quote  
  4. Where can I get SSRC? I searched the site and couldn't find it.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  5. I tried demultiplexing with tmpgenc and I enabled SSRC in tmpgenc's enviorment settings. SSRC won't convert the audio to 44100khz, what do I need to do to convert the mp2 audio with SSRC? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Then save the a .wav file. You can use TMPG as well as VirtualDub to do this. Load the .mp2 as audio source, select file> output to file> WAV file. Save it as PCM uncompressed 44,1kHz. After that use this .wav file as audio source and start conversion to .mp2. I am sorry, what a hassle.
    Quote Quote