VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, all right. My telly accepts subs in 3D mode and it is shown as in your the example 2.
    The question is about the "some processing of the subs to the correct layout to enable it being shown correctly while in 3D mode (using that same layout)."
    ANy suggestion about how to do it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Well, I did go into great detail about that in a previous post, so I'm not going to repeat it now. But suffice to say, "you duplicate your text and then space them out so they are occupying their respective Left and Right Halves of the screen (instead of the whole screen)". You adjust the in-between spacing, making the Left-hand side and Right-hand side lean more or less close to their respective edges, in order to adjust the binocular parallax/disparity and thus, the amount IN FRONT or BEHIND the screen.

As I said above, the hard part is using thin/condensed fonts. Those are needed in order to render correctly when they are stretched back for display.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was trying it at the very first time and it was actually hard. The solution is that that the letters should be of the same size (length) so every subtitle to be aligned in the right way,. I think that this can be done using a font editor. Is that correct?
    If you thnk that is worth to read your previous post ,do you remember the link of your previous post?
    mike
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Font editor? Not really.

The problem with Text-based subs is that, unless you can "attach" (aka link, multiplex) a specific narrow/thin/condensed font, you are ALWAYS at the mercy of the subs renderer inside the player (and its extremely limited choice of fonts). With Bitmap-based subs, you don't have those problems because the subs editor usually lets you choose your font and you can pick from many narrow/thin/condensed types. Or not even do that but make the bitmap full-width and then anamorphically squeeze. Either way, you have much more options and better control. But then you are dealing with bitmap-based subs, which some players can't work with.

Yeah, I think it's worth it to find the past post. Do a search within Vhelp of "stereo3D subtitle" and I'm sure you'll find it in one of those few...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Finally I did find a viable satisfying solution with VLC player. I setup the telly as extended monitor (not dublicate, it does not work on plasma 3D TX-P42ST50) and used srt23dass, using UNICODE titles and times new roman (greek) to produce .ass subtitles which I renamed to .srt ! Well done VLC developers!!
    Thank you Scott and other users of this forum
    Quote Quote