VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. UPDATE: (Jan/05/2014)

For anyone else that might be interested in a program that will batch normalize and raise or lower peak volume in any video file without the need to re-encode the video portion, Xmedia Recode is what I have been searching for for over 4 months and it is clean freeware. It is also a full featured video converter with more control than Handbrake or Danuisoft or AvS, etc.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

I have a collection of mp4 movie files and a lot of them have audio that is too high in some places and low in others. I found a small program called MP4gain that I thought would be perfect because it could normalize the audio of a 90min mp4 movie file and save it in about 1 min and the bonus was it could do files in batch. Only problem was the audio of many files would get cut off about midway through the movies.

Is there a program other than MP4gain that I can import an mp4 file run a normalize filter on the audio and save the file without it taking upwards of an hour or more to re encode?
    Last edited by schigara; 5th Jan 2014 at 13:47.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Thanks Baldrick. Much appreciated. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Bump for update.
    Quote Quote