VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Just recived this info on dvd writers from a UK based supplier. SVP
    DVD Writers:
    Pioneer have stopped production of the Pioneer 106, and the Pioneer 107 will be available at the end of this month. It will feature 8x +/- writing.
    NEC will have their 8x +/- writer out in the next few days. We expect stock on Tuesday 7th. Price should be approx 99.00
    The release of these new 8x +/- writers should help to push down the price of any 4x +/- writers.
    Not bothered by small problems...
    Spend a night alone with a mosquito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe it's time for me to upgrade from the 1x burner I have now. Maybe a nice 4x is due.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think I'll sit on my 104 for a while until I see what's going to happen with the dual layer thing. It's slow - but dependable (at least for now).
    3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375 105820974944
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TUESDAY the 7th?

Seriously though, my Pioneer 105 is starting to fail (about 800 burns so far) and I will be picking one of these up as soon as they are released.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SimonBirchNYC
    TUESDAY the 7th? :)

Seriously though, my Pioneer 105 is starting to fail (about 800 burns so far) and I will be picking one of these up as soon as they are released.
    it will be tuesday the 7th in 2014
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BJ_M
    Originally Posted by SimonBirchNYC
    TUESDAY the 7th?

it will be tuesday the 7th in 2014
    Oh wait...that changes everything. Maybe I'll just wait for the dual-layer burners, as they should be out and affordable (plus obsolete?) before then...
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I think they are still going by a 2003 calendar.
    Quote Quote