VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Mythos2002
    I've been trying to follow the guide. I'm having trouble getting BeSweet to work with TMPNGEnc. I always get the error BeSweet.exe cannot be used as an external audio encoder. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Also, what is the best way to raise the volume and not have dialogue sound computerized? I've made an AC3 file without TMPNGEnc and the voulume was lower than the source wav and the dialogue sounded processed or computerized. It's hard to explain.

Mythos
    Doesnt seem like ur getting any help here Mythos2002.... So that might mean i wont !
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TMPGEnc wil not except the AC3 file created by besweet??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Mythos2002
    I've been trying to follow the guide. I'm having trouble getting BeSweet to work with TMPNGEnc. I always get the error BeSweet.exe cannot be used as an external audio encoder. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Also, what is the best way to raise the volume and not have dialogue sound computerized? I've made an AC3 file without TMPNGEnc and the voulume was lower than the source wav and the dialogue sounded processed or computerized. It's hard to explain.

Mythos
    I think i have sorted it out!

I used VD to extract the ac3 > wav. I then converted the movie in TMPGEnc using the wav i extracted. Once conversion finished, i then used besweet to do wav > ac3 (Bitrate: 640kbps). Once conversion finished, i then authored the movie using TMPGEnc authoring software, and then entered the ac3 audio made by besweet seperately. BINGO!

Then burnt to DVD using Nero. But the volume is still low, but OK!

Good Luck!
    Quote Quote  
  4. That's awesome that you got it figured out. Was the audio in sync after that?

Have you ever used the K-DVD template? I'm thinking about using that. It doesn't do the audio, but it is supposed to do an awesome job with the video. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm thinking about doing a test encode.

As far as volume, I noticed that the volume is louder in WinDVD than it is in Winamp and Windows Media Player.

Mythos
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Checked the playback, its fine....all in synch!

Isnt the K-DVD from kvcd.net? Havent heard much about that....where can we obtain the templates? Some feedback on the K-DVD would be great!

TheDJ®
    Quote Quote  
  6. It's on the same KVCD site. He has one called KDVD Half Resolution and one for Full Resolution. I had the save a text file as a .mcf file. I don't remember if you are in NTSC or PAL Land, so here are the links.

http://www.kvcd.net/KDVD-720x480-Full-D1-_NTSC_.mcf
    http://www.kvcd.net/KDVD-720x576-Full-D1-_PAL_.mcf

You've probably done this before, but just in case. You have to save the file as a text file and then save the text file as a .mcf file. At least that's the way I had to do it.

Mythos
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Mythos, thx for the templates.

I tried saving them as text, then renamed to .mcf, but there still not showing up in tmpgenc. I have done this before, dont know wot i'm doing wrong? I have tried putting the kdvd template in extra's folder also, still not showing...any ideas plz m8?

thx

TheDJ®

P.S> Also, i just did a divx 2 DVD conversion (source: 23.976, i used 29.970) and the playback of the final dvd is jerky? I couldnt see a 23.976 template in tmpgenc? any idea's on that also?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please stick to the topic(WAV to AC3). If you want to discuss something else create a new topic.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Sorry about going off topic.

Check the last couple of pages of the Star Wars conversion forum. There is mention there about how to get the template. Once you have a txt file, you have to name it a .mcf file and go to the save as tab at the bottom and choose save as all files.

For the jerkiness, I can't be sure. Do a search for IVTC. That would be the quickest way to get help on that.

I have a question about the AC3. You said your AC3 was 640kb? Isn't that above the 192 or 224 standard for AC3 on DVD? or Was your Wav file 640kb? If your Wav was that, what did your final AC3 turn out to be?

Mythos
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the AC3 was 640kbps and 660MB in size.......plays back fine on standalone. But like i said, volume is still a bit low.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi guys,
    Well, I've never felt so stupid. I am using Besweet Gui 0.6 b82 and this thing DOES NOT LET ME select .wav as my input file. Also, UI is very different from Baldric's guide.

What am I missing?
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by galileo2000
    Hi guys,
    Well, I've never felt so stupid. I am using Besweet Gui 0.6 b82 and this thing DOES NOT LET ME select .wav as my input file. Also, UI is very different from Baldric's guide.

What am I missing?
    Are you using the new wizard mode? I checked the ordinary gui mode and it looked samed.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I've tried both, with and without wizard - same thing. I also succesfully made 6 channels out of AC3 WAV using command line.
    But when I am trying to use GUI, it plainly refuses to let me select WAV for the input file.

Is it too much trouble to post command line produced by GUI when you succesfully convert WAV to AC3? Thanks much.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'm trying to transcode a WAV file to AC3 but after following your step-by-step guide this prompts after transcoding the file.

Error 76: Unable to get Shibatch.dll interfaces
    Quiting...
    [00:00:00:000] Conversion Completed !

Logging ends : 09/10/03 , 23:36:37.

any info will be appreciated.
    tnx
    Quote Quote  
  15. can i use this guide to convert my divx movies with ac3 sound to vcd-s with ac3 to play on my standalone?
    Quote Quote  
  16. when i try to follow this guide, i get this error:

Using Shibatch.dll v0.24 by Naoki Shibata & DSPguru (shibatch.sourceforge.net).
    Error 85: support for ac3enc.dll had been removed due it its suckness!

this is the only guide i see on here to convert MP2 > AC3. does that mean there's no way to do this anymore?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    pedrohead
    You can ask the same question over and over and all it will do is get you warned and then booted. Ask the question in one forum and be done with it.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Robby_Boy:
    Spruce works better with elementary streams. Try importing the AC3 and m2v into Spruce as elementary streams. To do this, just go to the media import and hit CTRL I then enter [filename].m2v and spruce will automaticaly look for and import the AC3 file after it imports the m2v stream. NOTA BENE: important -- remember that that an AC3 file contains a marker showing frames per second. The fps must be 29.97 if you want to avoid audio/video sync problems.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hi,

I too am experiencing this problem. I have a DVD-R that was recorded using mp3 audio. I demuxed the VOB and used besweet to encode the m2p file to ac3 according to the guide. The resultant ac3 file did not play (it played but wass silent) on my pc nor did the re-muxed VOB audio play on my Phillips, and Samsung DVD players or PC.
    Does anyone know of a better converter that gets by this problem? BTW- I sent the ac3 file to a friend, who was able to play it on his PC..

Thanks
    Bob
    Quote Quote  
  20. I followed the guide exactly, and I get the following error:

BeSweet v1.5b25 by DSPguru.
    --------------------------
    Using hip.dll v1.19 by Myers Carpenter
    Using Shibatch.dll v0.24 by Naoki Shibata & DSPguru (shibatch.sourceforge.net).
    Error 85: support for ac3enc.dll had been removed due it its suckness!
    Quiting...
    [00:00:00:000] Conversion Completed !

Logging ends : 02/20/04 , 23:42:41.

----------------------------

Any idea what I need to do to get it to work??

All help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it is -- as said - been removed , as well it was un lic'd besides being non compliant

you will have to buy an ac3 encoder or there may be another possable option if you search these forums
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  22. I thought BeSweet was freeware?? Why would it be unlicensed?

I'll search around in the forums and see if I can find anything. Thanks for your response!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    dolby digital encoding is lic'd .. pretty hefty lic requirements also ...
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  24. First attempt with BeSweet - Followed instructions very closely.
    Trying to convert WAV file to AC3 for DVD authoring. WAV file was created using GoldWave.
    All I get is "Error 58 - Unknown file format"
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks in Advance
    Garret
    Quote Quote  
  25. Great tool & verry useful guide.
    All works fine (wav to mp3, wav to ac3) but the level of sound when ac3 to ac3 its so lower... , with or without normalize...

Thx a lot & keep in touch!
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for this article,
    but my ac3 is with a problem, my mp3 is perfect but when i transcode to ac3 he has a lot of noise in the sound, like an old and with high volume speaker. its hard to explain (im from brazil), looks like the when the peak is high he crashes, making noises.

help me!
    Quote Quote  
  27. Hey,

I've perused this forum and seem to have an issue not addressed (unless I forgot a rock somewhere)... I've been trying to covert an mp3 to ac3 and while everything seems to work fine, my output file claims 0kb. I refresh my view but nothing changes. I try to coppy and paste into the DOS prompt and same deal. Any suggestions?

Cristy
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by mp3superfreak
    Originally Posted by BJ_M
    how do you input 6 mono wave files for 5:1 ? (i see the check tab for "make 5:1 ac3")
    I was wondering the same thing? Even if it's not possible, this is still AWESOME for a FREE program! Now everyone can have DD 2.0 audio for their home movie DVD's. Thanks for the guide, Baldrick!
    In the site www.freewebs.com/marcesoft you'll find the source code of AudioMuxer, a simple tool to make a 6 channel wave file from 6 mono wave files.
    Marcesoft Video Software development and Video producer
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps I post in the wrong place, but I wonder if I can get the answer as how to rip such audio taken from a cd made by Lg as a home theater cd. Ive attempted various software to accomplish this task but I found only a buzz as a result - nothing is audible but a buzz. Any suggestion? Thanks a lot for your kind concern.
    Last edited by wowo; 14th Jun 2010 at 07:29.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Very helpful guide, Baldrick. Thanks!
    Quote Quote