VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi !

I'm trying to download this football match from this website (before downloading i always try to see if livestreamer is capable of playing it)

(you may need an italian vpn):
    http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/mondiali-russia-2018/fifa/calendario.shtml?match_...4-5d84a42a50b9

I'm on win10 pro and using firefox (60.0.2 version) for the purpose.
    Using "browser console" (tools--->web developer--->browser console) and filtering the results searching "m3u8", i get these links:

HTML Code:
    https://fwc2018-live-mset.akamaized.net/hls/replay/629174/108555-mset/master.m3u8 (only video)
    https://fwc2018-live-mset.akamaized.net/hls/replay/629174/108555-mset/master-128.m3u8 (only audio)
    Right click on "master.m3u8" (only master.m3u8 has the whole link with hdnea exp hmac parameters) and then the weird thing:

If i use livestreamer (1.12.2 version) with this syntax:

Code:
    livestreamer "hlsvariant://https://fwc2018-live-mset.akamaized.net/hls/replay/629174/108555-mset/master.m3u8?hdnea=exp=1529353314~acl=/*~hmac=27bf8bc6000d1f69cc04f04e299bcf1dbb26901192d723fab5ea263e71ea13a3" best
    vlc opens up but it shows a complete different video ! It's a tv-series episode broadcasted few hours before the game !

Then i tried the audio link (vlc opens only if i use hls; hlsvariant doesn't work)

Code:
    livestreamer "hls://https://fwc2018-live-mset.akamaized.net/hls/replay/629174/108555-mset/master-128.m3u8?hdnea=exp=1529353314~acl=/*~hmac=27bf8bc6000d1f69cc04f04e299bcf1dbb26901192d723fab5ea263e71ea13a3" best
    and vlc plays the audio track of that same tv-series episode !

It's not only this game to have this weird behaviour, but it happens for EVERY game !

Every single game is correctly shown through website player but their matching "master.m3u8 link" points to a complete different video !

Than i tried streamlink (0.13.0 version) but this shows up:

This website requires to login (creating an account is totally free) but if you don't do this, every game starts playing anyway,
    but after few minutes a message appears inviting you to login in order to keep watching the football match.

I tried both ways (logged and not) but nothing changes ! Always same wrong videos !

So it looks like login credentials have no influence on getting the right link.

So whatever match i want to download, i always get a wrong video despite using the master.m3u8 link provided by firefox browser console !

Do you have any idea how to manage to get the correct master.m3u8 ?

I really hope you can help me out !
    Last edited by Zehpul1; 18th Jun 2018 at 18:40.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member Emeritus
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Zehpul1 View Post
    vlc opens up but it shows a complete different video ! It's a tv-series episode broadcasted few hours before the game !
    Was the tv series broadcast on the same network, channel, or provider?

Quite often a hls stream is not turned on the moment an event starts, but rather hours before.

And when the event is over, as is the case with this replay, the hls replay will start from the beginning of the stream, not the beginning of the desired event.

One way to test this is to download the entire video (perhaps at the lowest quality so that it goes fast) and then see if the stream eventually contains the desired event (after the tv-series episode).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ponens View Post
    Originally Posted by Zehpul1 View Post
    Was the tv series broadcast on the same network, channel, or provider?

Quite often a hls stream is not turned on the moment an event starts, but rather hours before.

And when the event is over, as is the case with this replay, the hls replay will start from the beginning of the stream, not the beginning of the desired event.

One way to test this is to download the entire video (perhaps at the lowest quality so that it goes fast) and then see if the stream eventually contains the desired event (after the tv-series episode).
    Yes, you were right !
    Indeed i downloaded the match with the lowest quality available and the whole game was inside of it.
    The stream begins almost a hour before kickoff; that's why it was showing that tv-series episode (yes it was on air on the same channel of the football match).

While downloading i had this:

Were those 2 segments (275 and 833) not downloaded at all or it's only a warning message but livestreamer downloaded them anyway making a second connection ?

Do you know if livestreamer has some kind of option to start recording (or watching) from a specific ts segment ?
    For instance, master-3000.m3u8 has several xxxxx.ts files of 4 seconds each.
    To skip the tv-series episode, would it be possible for example to start downloading from 01014.ts segment and not from 00001.ts ?

Final thing: do you think is it normal that vlc does not display the lenght of the video ?
    if i open the downloaded video, vlc displays "00:00" both on the right and left side of the time bar (like it's a live streaming but actually it's a downloaded video !)

Thanks for replying to my previous message and hope you can help me with these ones here !
    Last edited by Zehpul1; 19th Jun 2018 at 17:44.
    Quote Quote