VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. (very sorry for my very bad english)

I have: 1.MKV, 2.MKV,...,~400.MKV
    All MKV: 1 Video, 1 Audio, 0-3 Subs.
    The typ (resolution, framerate and so on) of video-, audio- and sub-streams are absolut intentical in all MKVs.

I append the MKVs with MKVToolnix.
    The video and audio was very good, no errors.

But with the subs there are this problems. Example:
    25.MKV:
    ID=2, pgs-subs, german forced
    ID=3, pgs-subs, german full
    ID=4, pgs-subs, english full
    39.MKV:
    ID=2, pgs-subs, english full
    42.MKV:
    ID=2, pgs-subs, german full
    ID=3, pgs-subs, english full

The subs in the result of MKVToolnix are err, because the subs-IDs are not identical in all MKVs.

I want, that MKVToolnix sort the subs with her language and not with her ID.
    To move in MKVToolnix the subs manually is too much work for me

Can anyone help me please?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't think there's an option for that.

The author isn't active on this forum. He takes feature requests on gitlab. (Of course he doesn't implement all requests.)
    https://gitlab.com/mbunkus/mkvtoolnix/issues
    Quote Quote  
  3. To be frank I'm surprised mkvtoolnix doesn't abort directly since the stream count differs.

I want, that MKVToolnix sort the subs with her language and not with her ID.
    No, according to what you wrote you want the subs to be matched by your manual naming of the streams not their language looking at '25.MKV' ID=2 and ID=3 both have the same language,... (if the language really was unique ffmpeg could be used to used to do what you want)
    -> I hardly doubt Mosu (mkvtoolnix author) will implement support for something like that.

Depending on what you want to do with the mkvs, mkv segment linking might be a better solution than really appending the files,...
    (I wrote a gui for mkv segment joining a while back https://github.com/Selur/MKVSegmentJoiner, no clue whether there is still a binary of it floating around the net,..)

Cu Selur
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm not sure players will be happy if you link mkvs with different stream counts/types.
    Quote Quote  
  5. It's worth a try, isn't it? Otherwise I don't really see a way aside from writing a (not so simple/short) program/script to do what he wants.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote