VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. It seems like every title under Studio Ghibli bluray, the ripped files contains of kdm folder, movie itself is in bin format. Does anyone has a way to convert bin file into m2ts format?

I tried numerous 3rd party it dosent work, the closest software to convert is clown_bd but it can only convert just 1 min of the whole movie which I cant figure out why.

Can someone help thks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    bin file? How does the folder structure look like?

Can you play the blu-ray with software blu-ray players?
    Quote Quote  
  3. The blu ray can be played on the player. My intention is to rip out the raw file and play it on my pc.
    On normal case when you ripped the blu ray, movie in m2ts format under stream folder is the playable file that can be played on media player or on pc.

Normal Blu ray folder structure

AUXDATA
    BACKUP
    BDJO
    CLIPINF
    JAR
    META
    PLAYLIST
    STREAM

But nowadays blu ray under Studio Ghibli production (Totoro, Spirited Away etc)
    The movie file is stored under KDM folder, in this folder the movie file is in bin extention/format
    This bin format is not recognized on any media player, my question is there anyway to convert bin to m2ts

Studio Ghibli production bluray folder structure

ANY!
    BDMV
    CERTIFICATE
    KDM
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The normal blu-ray folder structure you posted is actually in the BDMV folder of any properly authored blu-ray disc so what you posted for the ghibli folder structure looks correct,look in the BDMV and see if it contains the right files,KDM is just an auxiliary folder.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi thanks for your response, over ghibli bluray bdmv folder does contain stream folder which should include the main movie file in m2ts format.
    But in this case only trailers and extras can be found whereas the main movie is in kdm folder in bin format. I am certain that it is the movie file by looking at the file size.

If you guys having a studio ghibli Japanese animation bluray, try rip out you will know what I mean.
    Till now there isnt any media player that can play movie file in bin format I believe.
    So need you guys help finding a way convert bin to m2ts.

Refer to attachment for a better understanding

Pict 1: Ripped folders (Studio Ghbli Animation Bluray)
    Pict 2: BDMV subfolders
    Pict 3: Under stream folder
    Pict 4: KDM folder
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	34282  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	34283  

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	34284  

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	34285  

Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please do not open another thread linking to this one for help,just continue here,i deleted that thread.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote