VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Howdy,
    Converting Vob's to Mkv using MkvToolnix,

for some reason the MkvToolnix files won't work on MkvChapterizer
    but will work on other Mkv not created on the Mkvtoolnix program?
    I know it's an old program but I just want 5 min chapters on the files. (drag & drop easy)
    Is there something that would do the similar without notepad or manually doing this for every file? Toolnix Chapter editor
    I have a lot of old cable Dvd converting to Mkv's.
    I downloaded Chapter editor 1.24 but Don't know how to use and no info on how?

Any info Appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can do it in MKVToolNix - look in the OUTPUT tab, right hand side
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by QvidZ
    I tried and if it works alone that you must link the external mkvtoolnix for better use, plus an annoying warning of 'Error.. Failed to check for updates... ' also it is very slow.

Originally Posted by QvidZ
    I know it's an old program but I just want 5 min chapters on the files. (drag & drop easy)
    With ChapterEditor you can get it 5 min chapters ...

Is there something that would do the similar without notepad or manually doing this for every file? Toolnix Chapter editor
    Or make a 'batch file' and add the chapters with mkvpropedit 'it's very fast'.. with:

FOR %a in (*.mkv) DO "mkvpropedit.exe" "%a" --chapters chapter.txt

*create a simple 'chapter.txt' that will work for all mkv files .. (it can also be .xml)

Menu->Chapter editor ->preferences->External programs: Path MKVtoonix (32bit)

In the image-> Chapter editor-> File->Multi chapters->Insert chapters->Save As..->and select the same input mkv

[Attachment 54831 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 54832 - Click to enlarge]
    責任者-MDX
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Image of where to do it in MKVToolNix
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	GenChap.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	54833  

SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What problem do you have with MKV Chapterizer?I've been using it for years with no issues at all.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by sekininsha View Post
    I tried and if it works alone that you must link the external mkvtoolnix for better use, plus an annoying warning of 'Error.. Failed to check for updates... ' also it is very slow.

With ChapterEditor you can get it 5 min chapters ...

Or make a 'batch file' and add the chapters with mkvpropedit 'it's very fast'.. with:

FOR %a in (*.mkv) DO "mkvpropedit.exe" "%a" --chapters chapter.txt

*create a simple 'chapter.txt' that will work for all mkv files .. (it can also be .xml)

Menu->Chapter editor ->preferences->External programs: Path MKVtoonix (32bit)

In the image-> Chapter editor-> File->Multi chapters->Insert chapters->Save As..->and select the same input mkv

[Attachment 54831 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 54832 - Click to enlarge]
    Thanks so much for the info, I'll try each one.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Image of where to do it in MKVToolNix
    Perfect it worked,
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    What problem do you have with MKV Chapterizer?I've been using it for years with no issues at all.
    Thanks for the reply, For some reason Mkv encodes from other programs work fine? but Mkvtoolnix (maybe because of being so updated) Mkv Chapterizer does not take the file to process, I'll just use the Toolnix for chapters and try and tackle the Chapter Editor.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by QvidZ View Post
    Any info Appreciated.
    I was going to suggest - AVT ChapterIT - it does batch processing, so you can load 50 MKV files, set "5 min chapters", click go and it does them all in one go. (And in no time at all).

SADLY; it's not available for Windows. (And it doesn't work on Mac OS that doesn't support 32bit apps).
    Last edited by phase52001; 30th Sep 2021 at 00:25. Reason: spelling
    Quote Quote