VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My dvd burner is stuck the drive won't open at all. Tried using paperclip to open that didn't work can't get it open and I have a cd inside it. I disconnected it from the computer and started to disassembly it but I could not get to the area that contains the cd I don't see how to remove it . I was able to get to the circuit board but that don't help me. It is a lightscribe burner and I was printing an image on the disc it was finished but could not eject it. Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you should have just used the EJECT from your software....for example using IMGBURN there is a function where you can choose eject for the dvd burner tray to open up.
    if you've already tried that then your dvd burner is dead. dvd burners are cheap these days. :wink:
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well now I tried to eject it from My computer, the button on the drive itself(it does light up so I know it has power),& IMG Burn. None work I want to know how to disassemble to open the door to the drive if anyone knows. It's a LG GSA 2166D external.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, after being frustrated I gave it a good shake and tried the paperclip again and low & behold the damn thing opened. So I'm happy again. Thanks for the input.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've seen a MadDog and NEC act the same way. At least I scored an NEC for free once from that.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote