VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using VirtualDub 1.4d and the Studio DC10Plus card to try and do VCD quality captures. I set the custom frame size to 352x240, and when I start the VCR tape, it always appears cut off on the left and right edges. Does anyone know why it would do that?
    I don't have the same problem if I set the resolution to 480x480 (i.e. SVCD).

Any help would be appreciated.

Lyman Green
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why not just capture in 640x480 and convert it?
    Quote Quote  
  3. You MUST capture in either 320x240,
    640x480, 640x320 or 320x240 (or a bit smaller
    if you crop) and resize to the desired
    size.

You cannot do custom capture sizes with a DC10.

Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, to answer some of those questions...
    1. To the first replier: Disk space. I would prefer to capture in the format I want because I will run out of disk space. Yes, it's something I need to solve, but at the moment, I can't. I've only got about 10GB to write to.
    2. To the second replier: I do not think you are correct. I have been able to capture to other sizes (specifically, 480x480) with VirtualDub 1.4d, setting the 'custom' frame size. If it isn't working, you sure could have fooled me.
    On the other hand, it takes up a lot of space to capture in 480x480 (i.e. more than if I capture in 352x240).

But, on to the next question - if I WERE to capture at one of the default rates (say 640x480) how do I use (for instance) virtualdub to convert that to the size I want? And will it do it without losing info or hurting quality?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I stand corrected -

The DC10 will capture in 480x480 with VirtualDub.

A few issues though:

Does Virtual Dub handle the 73 minute bug or will
    I start dropping frames like crazy after 73 minutes ?

Quote Quote