VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a clip that was shot with the iPhone 11 Pro,1920-1080,24fps.I can see what appears to be snow when viewed,,can anyone tell me what causes this?

Thank you,,
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The video appears to be 24 unique frames per second, with repeated frames to give a 60 fps video.

I don't think this is phone footage, this phone shoots 24 fps at 4k only
    https://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/apple_iphone_11_pro_review#specifications
    Quote Quote  
  3. Clip plays back fine here in Windows Media Player and VLC with no "snow". MediaInfo reports it as having a frame rate of 59.40 and a constant bit rate of 9.004kb/s.
    The clip also plays back smoothly in DaVinci Resolve.
    I would suspect the media player you are using. Here's a frame grab. As you can see, no snow.Image
    [Attachment 59429 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by ChapmanDolly; 13th Jun 2021 at 19:14. Reason: Additional info
    Canon C100 mk2 - Dell XPS8700 i7 - Win 10 - 24gb RAM - GTX 1060/6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.3 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - 3 calibrated screens
    Quote Quote  
  4. Davexnet you are wrong. Look at the video recording section in that link.
    Canon C100 mk2 - Dell XPS8700 i7 - Win 10 - 24gb RAM - GTX 1060/6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.3 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - 3 calibrated screens
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is what it says: What did I miss? ALso the bitrate is too low
    Code:
    4K video recording at 24 fps, 30 fps or 60 fps
    1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps
    720p HD video recording at 30 fps
    Also if you search for sample movies, there is some original footage for download
    Quote Quote  
  6. It also shoots at 60fps in 4k. Either this was actually shot in HD at 60fps, or it's 60fps 4k downscaled to HD which given the detail in the pic is what I suspect..
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ChapmanDolly View Post
    It also shoots at 60fps in 4k. Either this was actually shot in HD at 60fps, or it's 60fps 4k downscaled to HD which given the detail in the pic is what I suspect..
    In either case, it is not as the OP described, hence my question
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks guys,,Im a bit of a novice when dealing with video,,I do notice a difference in clarity between iPhone native app and Filmic Pro. I first noticed it when editing in Premier Pro..

Thanks again,,
    Quote Quote  
  9. It does have a significant amount of noise and (over) compression artifacts. Some noise reduction can help.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    It does have a significant amount of noise and (over) compression artifacts. Some noise reduction can help.
    jagabo,
    thank you,,I suppose the noise was due to too high ISO,,as for over compression, please explain and how do I avoid it in the future...

Quote Quote  
  11. Use more bitrate. Use a better encoder. Use better encoder settings. Use variable bitrate encoding, not constant bitrate.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Use more bitrate. Use a better encoder. Use better encoder settings. Use variable bitrate encoding, not constant bitrate.
    thank you,,
    Quote Quote