VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    I am trying to capture VHS tapes to my PC via. a Compro VideoMate S350 video capture card.

The video is sent from the VHS player to the capture card via. a SCART-to-S-Video cable (SCART end plugged into VHS player).

The audio is sent via. a 2x male RCA stereo audio (red/white)-to-jack cable plugged into the Audio Out from the VHS player (the RCAs) into a sound port on the PC's on-board audio (the jack end of the cable).

When pressing play on the VHS recorder and playing the stream in any program, the audio is delayed. It is also out of sync when captured.

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try different capture software? capture to a different format? dvd spec mpeg-2 is usually ok or DVavi.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    try different capture software? capture to a different format? dvd spec mpeg-2 is usually ok or DVavi.
    I connected the audio jack to the capture cards port instead of the soundcard's port and that fixed the sync issue with the footage previews but once I captured the video, the sound was out of sync again. However, that was with VirtualDub (and I changed a lot of the settings to try and get it right).

In the end, I just used AVS Video Recorder and it appears to have solved it.
    Quote Quote