VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've noticed with certain files I import into Handbrake, that in the dimensions tab it resizes the file for some reason. Example, when I imported an MPEG-2 file at 720x576 the dimension size in Handbrake is 700x576. I've had this happen with different file resolutions and in different file formats. Anyone know why does this? sometimes this happens and sometimes it doesn't. Is this just a bug in the version I have?.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's cropping away black borders. Turn off Automatic Cropping if you don't want that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    It's cropping away black borders. Turn off Automatic Cropping if you don't want that.
    Thanks for that, I tried custom cropping but it does nothing to correct it and it just says width: 720 and height: 556. Changing anamorphic from automatic to none does nothing either. It could be the capture software I was using to capture the video that's at fault, for this particular file I was using Corel Video Studio. I noticed that, despite the resolution being 720x576 (some were also captured at 320x240) with a video bitrate of 7000, that the audio bitrate seems very high at 1536kbps. Whenever I capture in Corel and trie to cut the video in Lossless Cut the outputted file has no audio.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by techmot View Post
    I tried custom cropping but it does nothing to correct it
    Did you also change the crop values to zero?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by techmot View Post
    I tried custom cropping but it does nothing to correct it
    Did you also change the crop values to zero?
    No but I just changed them all to zero and selected either loose or custom and it corrected it. When this happens anyway I just type in the correct size, not a big issue.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Hi techmot! You can try to untick *Optimal size*, it still affecting when "off" above.
    Quote Quote