VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Toshiba SD-kp19sn portable DVD player and I usually used the power supply for watching DVD and when ever I turn the power off I noticed that the charging indicator would start blinking but after a while it will disappear. Lately I noticed that the indicator hasn't stop blinking for more than 2 days and according to the manual the battery should be fully charge within 3.5 hours. Can anyone tell me what's going on? Is the battery about to die even though I haven't used it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am going to guess that the battery is not able to charge all the way anymore, or the detector is failing.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you had the charger plugged in to watch the videos, you were charging the battery. Laptops suffer a similar fate. I only use mine with the charger plugged in and the battery's shot. It would probably have lasted longer being discharged periodically.

But either way, batteries wear out. Some quicker, some slower. I'd start shopping around for a replacement battery. You may not have to use the ones from Toshiba, which may be a bit expensive. But be careful out there! There are some really crappy batteries available at some internet discount sites. Check around for feedback before you order.

I'm not familiar with that particular player, but with some players battery replacement is a real chore. I'd recommend doing some research first. Do a internet search for the player + battery and one for the battery, using specific brand and model of the battery.
    Quote Quote