VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I recorded a DVD on DVD+R using DVDRHD04 and edited chapters. And I hide the chapters with ads. On one particular DVD the first chapter itself is hidden one. And, that one is not playing in any other DVD players (PC and Standalone). It shows the title menu and when the first title is selected it tries to play but wouldn't go anywhere and no way to play that DVD. This DVD works perfectly on ILO. I have this on a finalized DVD+R so can not unhide(show) chapter.

Just wondering whether this could be the reason for not able to play on other players? Anybody has same issue?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That type of DVD Recorder editing has been a crutch in almost every make and model I've ever read about. The hidden item discs work perfectly in the recorder but nothing else.
    And the terminology from one make to the other for the same type of functionality is sometimes completely different...adding to even more confusion.
    As soon as you start hiding unwanted material in these machines you are drastically decreasing that DVD's compatibility....which is why my favorite button on my Philips recorder is the PAUSE button.

That's why SO many of us use RW discs in our recorders and finish the DVD on our computers.
    Quote Quote