VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Does anyone know how to change the Aspect ratio for the videos in a QDVDauthor project ?
    AMD 64 X2 6000+ @3,000 Mhz (stock) | MSI K9N Ultra | Corsair Value/Kingston 6,144MB DDR 667 | 8800GT stock | 3710GB of storage | Powered by Mandriva 2009.1

Jabber: DaveQB@jabber.org.au
    2.6.29.3-desktop-1mnb
    Quote Quote  
  2. Dave,

sorry, I saw your question just today. You have usually better luck getting these issues solved on the mailing list for QDVDAuthor.

The aspect ratio of videos is detected by your media backend (Xine, or MPlayer). Sometimes xine seems to mess up and return a wrong format.

To correct this you can open the MovieDialog (right click on the video -> [Properties ...] ) and on the first tab you should see a [Edit ...] - button.

Clicking this button will allow you to change the auto - detected values.

If you instead want to transcode the video from say 4:3 to 16:9, you can open the MovieDialog and click on the [Transcode >>>] button. The new tab Transcoding will allow you to change the aspect ratio to your liking.

I hope that helps.

Varol
    Quote Quote  
  3. Your a champ Varol!

I did indeed try the mailing list and you solved my problem on there [needed a newer version then I was running [it then detected perfect by itself; no need to edit.].]

Looking forward to your upcoming interview on TLLTS. Last one you had with them was good.
    AMD 64 X2 6000+ @3,000 Mhz (stock) | MSI K9N Ultra | Corsair Value/Kingston 6,144MB DDR 667 | 8800GT stock | 3710GB of storage | Powered by Mandriva 2009.1

Jabber: DaveQB@jabber.org.au
    2.6.29.3-desktop-1mnb
    Quote Quote