VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys wonder if anyone can please pitch their two cents in.

I have a pc with folders full of video files from mine and my wifes phones and I am trying to make a home DVD to keep on the shelf. I have become quite capable of creating my own boxed sets from raw materials and printing case inserts and dvd labels. So it will be lresented well.

But when I burn the files to a dvd they wont play in my blu Ray or optical drive properly. No I'm not burning them as a data disc either. I'm using convert x to dvd because of how easy it is. Ive used this program doezens of times with great results for other files but never from my phones.

The files play from the discs but there are two issues.

1. They have no sound where on my phone and on the computer they do.
    2. They are often upside down on the tv where as on my phone or pc they are correctly orientated.

I also have another seperate issue not related to these dvds but some avchds ive made from some of my blu rays. I'm using bdtoavchd to create bd-5 discs for back ups. The quality I'm getting is fine and acceptable to my standards. However inexplicably to me both my blu Ray player and blu Ray drive spin very loudely when playing the avchd discs. Like a jet engine. I tried reburning and have the same issue with the noise. However not all of my avchds turn out this way. Some are whisper quite in operation some give a slight hum.

Thanks in advance.

Dan
    Last edited by Dannyboy1985; 19th May 2017 at 04:52.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can you give some information about your mobile files? Standard mp4 files with avc video? Use mediainfo to identify the video and audio codecs.

Are you using latest convertxtodvd?

Have you tried different media for your bd-5 backups?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks I will use that program and get back to you. In unsure if convertx is up to date. And I only have these polaroid DVD-rs right now to use. Will see if I can get more

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    2. Upside images - are you sure when you used your camera the phones home button was on the right?
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    2. Upside images - are you sure when you used your camera the phones home button was on the right?
    No I'm not how can I fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Can you give some information about your mobile files? Standard mp4 files with avc video? Use mediainfo to identify the video and audio codecs.

Are you using latest convertxtodvd?

Have you tried different media for your bd-5 backups?
    just upgraded to convertx to dvd 7 i was using version 4.

heres a mediainfo shot of a file from my wifes phone, all the files are the same type.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mediainfo.png
Views:	100
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	41660  

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    ConvertXtoDVD doesn't have the ability to rotate videos (ignores the orientation flag in the video) like your mobile as it expects to be processing normal correct orientation videos. so you'll need to pre-process your incorrect videos in other software to correct the video. I believe handbrake has this ability in it's filter settings.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by darkknight145 View Post
    ConvertXtoDVD doesn't have the ability to rotate videos (ignores the orientation flag in the video) like your mobile as it expects to be processing normal correct orientation videos. so you'll need to pre-process your incorrect videos in other software to correct the video. I believe handbrake has this ability in it's filter settings.
    Ok thank you very much. Does anyone have an idea about the no audio issue though ? Perhaps convert x 7 will fix this .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think ConvertXtoDVD since version 5? will process AAC audio otherwise you will need to convert the audio to an acceptable DVD format like AC3...
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote