VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, dear all.

I like to use PotPlayer. But some days ago it seems that something weird happened here concerning PotPlayer on my pc.

The program can open Ok videos. But can't reproduce the sound on this videos. Even MP3 can't be heard.

Maybe some settings I messed up by mistake? Other players like VLC plays the videos just fine.

Thanks for your time.

PS: I reinstall this program with an updated version but nothing worked. If I use a PotPlayer portable version the sound plays OK.

Best regards.

devil (johner)
    Last edited by devilcoelhodog; 13th May 2017 at 12:31.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hello, dear all.

I have found a solution for this issue in my case:

Be sure that you have C:\Program Files (x86)\DAUM\PotPlayer\Module\FFmpeg\FFmpegMininum.dll

And then F5->initialize

Did you initialize?

If it still doesn't work, Press 'Ctrl+F1' during playback and post the whole screenshot here.

Win7??

Please try to uninstall windows patch KB4012212 and reboot
    Try deleting this Registry key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertySt ore

This resets the audio volume of all your applications. It can fix weird mute issues.

KB4012212 causes potplayer mute, many users in my country comfirmed that.

Go to the Control Panel > Programs and Features > View Installed Updates, find KB4012212 and uninstall it

Registry Editor:
    Start > run > regedit.exe

It is pretty simple to use. Yes, you can safely delete that entire key. It stores the volume settings of individual applications. It will just reset to default. Or you can use the search function to find the subkey belonging to potplayer.

Source: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174591

And:

---> https://www.techsupportalert.com/freeware-forum/multimedia/10881-no-audio-in-potplayer.html

Pivika, I think I understood what your problem might be. You're not getting sound because you've accidentally changed the mixer settings within Vista itself. To get sound again for PotPlayer, click on the "speaker" icon on the bottom right of taskbar in Windows, then click Mixer and then you'll be able to see various applications and find PotPlayer and increase the volume from there.

I wonder why I never thought of this before

I had no audio for some file formats. I read this topic and I changed the porplayermini64.exe to potplayermini642.exe. and now I have sound.
    Do you know what happened that I encountered this problem?

The reason that you had no sound was because you set the mixer value corresponding to PotPlayer application to 0. You see the speaker icon in the tray, to the bottom rightmost of the screen? Click on it, and then click Mixer. Scroll around to see the applications and look for PotPlayer. It was earlier set to zero. When you rename an application, it will set the Mixer value for that to default.

You can rename potplayermini642.exe back to potplayermini64.exe (else it might conflict with update), and simply set the Mixer value accordingly.

Thanks.

Best regards.

devil (johner)
    Last edited by devilcoelhodog; 20th May 2017 at 14:24.
    Quote Quote