VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Capturing TV (PAL), for authoring DVDs, is there a software (or software/hardware combo) that enables capturing directly the Dolby Digital sound via the SPDIF output in my Satellite SetBox output to my PC SPDIF input?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes.

Very specific hardware requirements, then a software conversion necessary, but it definitely works. Do a search for my name and SPDIF, post back with further questions.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you.
    I did search, before posting and now again, yet, didn't find ant relevant answer. Would you please mention the hardware and software requirements?
    Quote Quote  
  4. https://forum.videohelp.com/topic339168.html

That one was direct to you. There are others.

Some authoring progs do not like the high bitrate on these files, seems to cause some strange errors. Can re-encode with various progs, I used Vegas just for the compatible AC-3 engine, but BeSweet worked as well.

Haven't nailed down whether the high bitrate caused the minor de-synch I was experiencing, the work-around described solved it but am still seeking an easier method.

Full 5.1 surround is nice, though. Only recently was able to run cable for rear speakers after unscheduled departure of the Domestic Decorating Advisor.
    Quote Quote