VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to split several video clips, one from a webcam and the others from a camcorder. Since they have different sizes, audio, etc., I'm converting them to a standardized format. Here's what I have so far:

Code:
    c1=DirectShowSource("c:\avi\meetup\279.339.avi").Trim(0,500).BicubicResize(720, 480).ConvertToYV12().ChangeFPS(25).ResampleAudio(48000)
    f=c1
    c2=DirectShowSource("c:\avi\meetup\280.339.avi").Trim(0,500).BicubicResize(720, 480).ConvertToYV12().ChangeFPS(25).ResampleAudio(48000)
    f=Dissolve(f,c2,45)
    f
    Problem: the first video clip (from the webcam, framerate of 25.1, size 320x160, pixel format bgr24, audio sampling 44,100 ) plays the audio okay, but the video is speed up by what looks to be about a factor of 4.
    The second clip appears to be okay, but need the two clips to be in a standard format for the dissolve.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I realize my conversion efforts are somewhat a stab in the dark, and the audio adds even more complexity.

When I tried to resample the audio down to 11k, the audio was silent.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Tac
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps process one file at a time, saving each one to a lossless codec such as huffyuv, then dissolve the resized AVIs afterwards.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I thought about (figuring it'd be easier to debug as well), but how can I put that in the script? That is, is there a way to save a clip to a particular format within the script itself?

Code:
    a=DirectShowLoad('a.avi').Trim(0,500).ChangeFPS(25)
    a.SaveAsMPEG("a.mpg") # ???????
    Obviously, it's not that, but that's what I'm looking for, and am not even sure it's possible within aviscript.

Thx,

Tac
    Quote Quote  
  4. You don't put it in a script. You open the basic script in VDub(Mod), choose a lossless codec (HuffYUV, Lagarith, etc), and encode the AVI. Do that for both video clips, and if they wind up with the same properties, create a new script for the AVIs using AVISource and do the dissolves or whatever else you want.
    Quote Quote