VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I CAN UNDERSTAND YOU MAYBE A LITTLE BIT UPSET SO I COME UP WITH DIFFERENT GUIDE FOR ALL OF YOU.YOU WILL NEED:CCE 2.5 OR 2.62,VDUB,TMPGENC,BBMPEG,SVCDCAL.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMPORTANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YOU MUST INSTALL "INSTALL HANDKER" IN VIRTUALDUB, GO TO VDUB FOLDER AND CLICK ON AUXSETUP AND THEN INSTALL HANDLER.
    YOU MUST INSTAL VFAPI IN TMPGENC, WHUCH IS IN TMPGENC FOLDER.
    WE START WITH VIRTUALDUB EXCTRACTING VIDEO FILE.
    IN VDUB GO TO audio SELECT no audio,
    THEN GO TOVIDEO AND SELECT direct stream copy
    FILE AND SAVE AVI. this would take up to 2-3 minutes depends on movie length
    NOW, CLOSE VDUB AND OPEN TMPGENC AND LOAD YOUR AVI.
    IN SETTINGS: ---video---
    stream type mpeg-2video
    size 480x480
    aspect ratio 4:3 display
    frame rate 29.97 fps
    rate control mode cbr
    bit rate 2000
    profile @ level MP@ML
    encode interlace
    yuv format 4:2:0
    dc comp. prec. 8 bits
    motion highest quality
    ---advance---
    video source Non-interlace(progressive)
    filed order Bottom field first
    source aspect ratio 1:1(vga)
    video arrange method full screen(keep aspect rario)
    -------------gop structure----------
    just change this
    output interval of sequence header 1 GOP
    ----------Quantize matrix------
    leave it alone
    --------system ----------------
    stream type mpeg-2 super video cd(vbr)
    Audio just leave it alone

NOW CLOSE SETTINGS, ABOVE SETTIND TAB YOU HAVE "STREAM TYPE"
    CHECK ON SYSTEM (video only)
    NOW GO TO FILE AND PRESS save project.
    you should have something like this ..."test.tpr"
    SOON AS YOU CLICK ON SAVE PROJECT YOU'RE DONE IN TMPGENC SO YOU CAN CLOSE IT NOW AND OPEN vfapi.
    IN VFAPI
    PRESS add job (look for the project you have just saved in TMPGENC)YOU SHOULD HAVE A SMALL WINDOW POP UP JUST PRESS "OK", NOW , WHEN YOU SHOULD SEE YOUR inpu and output files, THIS IS GOOD, NOW PRESS CONVERT.IT WILL TAK ABOUT 10-20 SECONDS, YOU WILL SEE YOU PROGRESS IN RIGHT TOP CORNER
    WHEN IT HITS 100 % YOU'RE DONE.
    CLOSE VFAPI AND OPEN CCE.
    IN cce
    --------ENCODE STTINGS-------------
    OUTPUT FILES----

Quote Quote  

2. --------ENCODE STTINGS-------------
    OUTPUT FILES---- "VIDEO FILES", , "ES","VIDEO INFO FILE"
    THESE SHOULD BE CHECK ONLY audio is uncheck.
    video encoding mode:if you want to my opinoion I use personally multipass vbr 3 pass, it takes little bit longer but quality is perfect(depands on your original avi file).
    bitrate min 300 , max 2400 and avg you have to calculate on your own
    BELOW YOU HAVE VODEO TAB
    --------VIDEO-------------
    1.2.5.6.7. boxes are check the rest stays untouch
    MSG ,sometimes you have to change aspect ratio to 16:9 depending on your avi file.
    -------GOP-------------
    leave it alone
    ------------QUALITY SETTINDS----------
    image quality 18
    antinoise filter check 3
    press ok and start encoding
    AFTER ENCODING IS DONE GO TO TMPGENC TO ENCODE WAV
    LOAD YOUR ORIGINAL AVI FILE AND stream type choose "audio only" GO TO SETTINGS YOU SHOULD HAVE ONLY ONE TAB the audio tab
    -----------AUDIO------------
    stream type mpeg-1 audio layer II
    sampling frequency 44100
    channel mode stereo
    bit rate 128 you can choose also 192 , 224
    error protection check
    PRESS OK AND START, WAIT ABOUT 25 MINUTES TO BE COMPLETE IT.

FROM CCE YOU SHOULD GET .mpv AND FROM TMPGENC .mp2.
    ALMOST DONE , OPEN BBMPEG
    AND MUX AND CUT YOUR MPEG FILE
    PLEASE REFFER TO:
    http://www.vcdhelp.com/avitovcdfoolproofusingcce/
    -------good luck------------
    i left it unfinish , this is the rest
    Quote Quote  
  3. A few suggestions...

1. Try spacing your guide out and not use capitals, it's so hard to read that I just skipped over it.

2. Try saying at the top exactly what the guide is Foolproof for... your subject says it's Foolproof but doesn't say what it's for.

3. Maybe add pictures and put it up at a webpage, it's a lot easier to follow a guide with screenshots on the way.

Good luck!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sugestion why dont you just send the guide to Bladrick soo he can put it up and if your going to send this to Bladrick make the guide with pictures sooo we can know what uoyr talking about...and good luck with the guide
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    1.2.5.6.7. boxes are check the rest stays untouch
    MSG ,sometimes you have to change aspect ratio to 16:9 depending on your avi file.
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

MPEG-2 video setting depend on the source. If you have an interlaced source, you have to uncheck progressive frames and zigzag scan of course. Also I can not see a reason to check Linear quantizer scale by all means.
    The aspect ratio setting does not depend on the source, but it is the DAR of the final MPEG.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks for the guide... nice job and thanks for your hard work!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey mega5,
    Great job,i used your guide with no problem at all. The quality of my svcd has improved very much.
    Thanks for your hard work.
    Quote Quote  
  8. This guide is bullshit.
    Why would i want to use Vdub, then tmpgenc TWICE?!?!

It's retarded. Let me tell ya somethin mega5.

Anybody can make a guide to encode at 2000 for an svcd.
    Whoopti doo.
    But..., it takes good intelligence to filterize a video in ONE program to better the picture quality on low bitrate settings and still manage to fit movie onto 1 cd.

You take your guide and work on it a little bit.
    Try and do what I do.
    I noticed you didnt want anybody follin with Quantize Matrix, Please, gotta use that.
    Quote Quote  
  9. This guide was send to Baldrick about month ago whe he has problems with the web site.
    second you guys ask for easy guide so a fool can understand , I thoiught I made one before but I guess not everybody got lucky converting avi to svcd.
    Third, this guide is for beginers, who just started right now.
    All suggestions are welcome .
    SEAN MADISON I DON'T SEE YOOUR GUIDE HERE SO WE CAN BITCH ABOUT.
    This guide is not design for ADVANCE users.
    Quote Quote  
  10. MEGA 5 your funny and retarded

My Guide is called ShiZZZoN
    ask sefy, i KNOW he knows and probably other people
    I'm surprised you never heard of ShiZZZoN.

Well anyway, to make it fast, my guide will let you fit any length movie onto 1 cd with detailed settings of what everything does in tmpg and when played back, IT HAS NO BLOCKS!!
    Beat that, maybe thats why i get 15-40 emails a day from vcd help users that want my help on other related video topics

Video editing is my hobby and i want to always better my performance but i think i may have reached my climax so until someone puts up a guide thats just unimaginable, the guide is pointless
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sean madison, the link to your web site is dead, I believe.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Sean Madison. Where can I find the guide on ShiZZZoN. Is it true that you can fit any length movie onto 1 CD? I'll be very happy if I can fit 60 minutes of SVCD on 1 CD.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I still don't see this guide ,
    maybe you should let me the judge how is your guide.
    Why don't you post a link to this guide so everybody can ejoy it.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I would like to know where it is as well !
    thanks in advance
    I'm also looking for the best way to convert avi's/divx to VCD that will fit on one CD (best quality possible)

Rd
    Quote Quote  
  15. ok yall. my template is located in the tools section of this website near bottom in the template section.
    It's called ShiZZZon
    Quote Quote  
  16. what is your problem??? A guy works hard to make a great guide (some people might not think so but others do) and all you guys do is call him retared and a looser and crap. If you dont like it then dont reply. If you like it then say thanks... if you dont like it you should at least say thanks anyways. I think ANY Guide... if it works is welcome... Thanks again!!
    Quote Quote  
  17. I agree with WDude, any guide if it works and helps people is very welcomed, lets all keep this to a professional level, there is no need for name calling.

The guy worked hard on a guide, and was kind enough to share it with other newbies around, and some find it useful and some don't, no one is forced to using it.
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mega5,
    I just wanted to say thanks for taking time to make this guide it is very helpful. I dont't care if it takes two or three cds i am after high quality and your guide provides me with the information to do just that.
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  19. 1 problem-

sorry for callin mega5 retarded but this is my point-
    I'M GONNA MAKE IT PLAIN AND CLEAR-

VCDHelp already has enough guides as I am aware of that are good enough to let newbies encode their movies

When more and more people come out with a new guide they made thats pretty much the same thing on the same topic, it confuses the people who are new to this

It's like buyin a new digital camera and you dont know anything about em

There are TONS of em out there. They all have about same specs but are still yet very different.

If we keep the templates or guides at a minimum, like no mroe than 2 per topic, the newbies wont be askin all these questions cuz they probably did read our guides then another and another and are bout the same information but worded differently and confuses people.

We are here to help EVERYONE here become as smart as we are and when he accomplish that goal, everyone can think of new ideas and better this web site tremendously.

Now, i plan on coming out with a new guide, not a template on another topic, similar to encoding. I always try not to put the same info as said in other guides, so be careful when making these guides
    Quote Quote  
  20. Then what would you say about my guide ? i'm basicly doing the same thing that already existed before me, there were guides for how to make VCD and how to burn.

If someone has a new method which works for him while other methods didn't work, then it's a good thing to add it, I admit that having the same thing over and over again is confusing, but it's better then having just one or two which don't provide that many options.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  21. Hi
    I thought the whole point to this guide was simplicity.
    I think some people missed that point.
    Using CCE everybody knows you can not resize.In order to resize you have a choice of Anisynth or VirtualDub, but there is also VFAPI.
    In my opinion this choice(VFAPI) was very good consider time and quality you get it
    Thanks to all
    mega5
    Quote Quote  
  22. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    sean madison wrote:
    We are here to help EVERYONE here become as smart as we are </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>
    WHAAA!!!!? I don't think that is the appropriate terminology. I don't know about you BUT I am here to help people by sharing my knowledge (which we all, at one point, had to learn just like any newbie.)

There are so many possible combinations of HW/SW and infinite number of problems that can arise. The more guides and info there is the more likely that people will find a working solution to there individual problem (regardless of whether or not it suits your standards. These guides are not for you to judge or compete with.)

I'M GONNA MAKE IT PLAIN AND CLEAR:
    Speak for yourself if you want to be conceited!
    You talk as if you were born with VCD creation technology implanted in your brain and a CD-BURNER sticking out your arse. Go to heck!

Cheers,
    ThighMaster

Quote Quote  
  23. mmmmm!

Understand both side's. But would'nt it be more construtive to technicialy offer advice to a post rather than slag it.

From experiance I had great problems with the whole concept untill I read everything and try'd all with many thanks to all on vcdhelp. But trial and error got me where I an now, but still trying to get better quality.

Without people taking the time to try and post where would we all be now.

Many Thanks to all.
    (sorry carn't spell not english)
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    Just thought i would let u know that the guy who wrote DVD2SVCD is probably going to allow AVI files as a source as well as DVD in the near future......mainly to allow a DV input. I will be very curious to see the results since even doing it manually I have yet to see a really good encode from a DV source (well except for when i do a encode at DVD bitrates)...anyway there will be nothing stoping u from using any AVI source...and I have to admit DVD2SVCD takes all the pain out of this process....and the newest bundle is very very good....

btw you might have to read spanish to get an English version of CCE2.5 without a CCE logo

Quote Quote  
  25. Sefy-
    I do not look down upon you, i love your guides

When i say i want everyone here to be as smart as we are, i mean look at us-
    Sefy, Baldrick, adam, truman, virtualis, me, and if i left anyone out, sorry

We dedicate most of our time here so you bound to know that we know what we are doing
    Quote Quote  
  26. Sean, I didn't mean to go down on you like that, I know you didn't mean anything, I was just bringing an example, see, I did the guides cause the existing guides didn't guide me well, so I figured that a newbie doing a guide would be better then a professional doing a guide, cause it will be from the right point of view

Please accept my apologies if I made it sound badly, I see it as we are all here to help each other out in whatever way we can.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote