VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello my name is Jalen and I'm a personnel private collector of Jackson material and I own various rare old vhs rips of concert shows and news clips. Some of you may have received a message from me regarding I need help on restoring my rips. I don't own a laptop and I absolutely love editing and restoring but right now all I have is a phone so not much to offer while editing. I'm very private and am only posting this to see if anyone can actually help me. I don't have money sadly so idk if y'all charge. BUT If anyone can help me let me know....I'll try and download things and ss them so y'all can see for ywll self what need to be fixed but also none of my things can be leaked....too valuable and I spend literally EVERYDAY trying to get more footage so its hard trusting ppl.

Let me know if anyone can help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [Attachment 58624 - Click to enlarge]

This is a screenshot of one thing I need restored and I'm pretty sure you guys can point out the obvious problems
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello - your project sounds interesting. Might be better to post a short clip to see what might be possible,
    30 seconds would be enough. The most obvious thing to me in the above image is the Chroma noise,
    typical of VHS originated video
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Funny you mention add a video lol I'm cutting out a clip right now. But yea this I believe is from a DVD rip but originated from also I just got a new version which quality wise its better tho color wise it sucks.... This verisom the quality is lower but color is better if anything I rather get this version restored and maybe the next later. When the video gets done rendering I'll send a snippet also I'll send ss of the newer version to compare the quality.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's a little quick quality comparison of both the same interview but differences lol.
    [Attachment 58625 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 58626 - Click to enlarge]

The more color version is my oldest version
    The less color version is my newest
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You'll need more than a phone.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thats why I'm trying to see if anyone can try and restore it for me lol a phone is most def not about to do the trick.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 1981triumphtour View Post
    Thats why I'm trying to see if anyone can try and restore it for me lol a phone is most def not about to do the trick.
    Where's the clip we were talking about ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's a link to a snippet of the video...for some reason I can't just upload a clip here so if you wanna see it here..
    https://we.tl/t-fMk8TwJDDO
    Quote Quote  
  10. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    It's a big task, I don't think anyone would embark on such huge restoration project without expecting anything in return, Only specialized studio can help you with this and they will guarantee your footage rights not a VH member, Asking for help with conditions is kind of a slap on a face. Good luck on your interesting project, I like MJ too, I have his entire audio discography in lossless, I even have some rare 24bit DAT tapes. don't care too much for video.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What's a DAT tape? And what's on it?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it's just audio. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Audio_Tape
    The video you posted has a lot of problems, it's dark and noisy - but those can be mitigated, somewhat.
    Bigger issues include the jerky movement, and the remnants of interlaced fields blended into the frame
    which can not cleanly be removed. All due to improper handling somewhere down the line
    Quote Quote  
  13. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by 1981triumphtour View Post
    What's a DAT tape? And what's on it?
    Here is a quicker and easier way that you could have done to get your answer rather than posting and waiting.
    Quote Quote