VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all, I just got a new Tojock EVP 101 Blu-ray player and have yet to buy a Blu-ray disc but have tried to play two regular DVDs in it. Tried two store bought DVDs and ea time there is a large Black horizontal box in the bottom of the screen that disappears after 10 minutes of the movie playing. I have read the manual over and over and cannot find anything about this or why it might happen.

Any help would sure be appreciated. Thanks, Mike
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Digam11 View Post
    Hello all, I just got a new Tojock EVP 101 Blu-ray player and have yet to buy a Blu-ray disc but have tried to play two regular DVDs in it. Tried two store bought DVDs and ea time there is a large Black horizontal box in the bottom of the screen that disappears after 10 minutes of the movie playing. I have read the manual over and over and cannot find anything about this or why it might happen.

have you tried doing a factory reset on the player ??
    also, how do you have the player connected to your TV.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    One thread is enough. Locking the other one. Please don't cross post.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sorry about the double post, mistake on my part. Too quick w/ the send button
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by Digam11 View Post
    Hello all, I just got a new Tojock EVP 101 Blu-ray player and have yet to buy a Blu-ray disc but have tried to play two regular DVDs in it. Tried two store bought DVDs and ea time there is a large Black horizontal box in the bottom of the screen that disappears after 10 minutes of the movie playing. I have read the manual over and over and cannot find anything about this or why it might happen.

have you tried doing a factory reset on the player ??
    also, how do you have the player connected to your TV.
    I did try the factory reset after your reply and also changed out the HDMI cord and one of them worked. No more black box !! Thanks
    Quote Quote