VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm making an SVCD using several different short clips. The videos either have soundtracks taken from DVD videos (stereo AC3) or just music from a CD or MP3. I've been converting them to MP2 (224kb/s) using BeSweetGUI, with HybridGain turned on. But it seems the tracks converted from AC3 are considerably quiter than the ones taken from CDs, and even some of the CD ones are quiter than others.

What would be the best way to keep the sound levels roughly the same for all the different videos? Can it be done with BeSweet(or even -GUI)? How would I go around finding the peak volume levels for the files?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try using goldwave, that should be able to do what you want. You will probably have to convert the audio to wav format (or at least save as wav from goldwave) and then convert to mp2 afterwards.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Awww, but that program costs money! That's not the way I do things - I'm a student! I can't afford... anything in general!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    tmpgenc has a normalizer built in
    PhenII 955@3.74 - GA-790XTA-UD4 AM3 - 2x4 Corsair Vengeance@1600 - Radeon 5770 - Corsair 550VX - OCZ Agility 3 90GB WD BLACK 1TB - LiteOn 24x - Win 8 Preview - Logi G110+G500
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by zilog_jones
    Awww, but that program costs money! That's not the way I do things - I'm a student! I can't afford... anything in general!
    Goldwave is Shareware.
    Quote Quote