VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My 2510A that I have will burn everything perfectly... dvd's play flawlessly in my set top player and whatnot.

The problem is that it will NOT let me burn a cd-r at over 8x, and if I try to, it gets to 5% and then Nero dies, giving me a generic error: Nero can not complete this burn bla bla bla."

If I burn the cd at 8x then it is fine, but I should be able to burn at 32x, however nothing above 8 has ever worked. Anyone have any ideas? Im using the original firmware.. would updating that make any difference?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Time to update Nero?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Either update the software, drive firmware or at least 256mb of ram with an xp machine. I have the same drive with no issues with any brand cd-r.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Alright I will try firmware first. I have Nero 6 Ultra (6.3.1.10), so Ill look around after the firmware update and see what I can do for a newer Nero.

As far as ram goes, I have a gig running at pc3200 so I should be alright in that area.

_UPDATE_

What firmware should I get? Is the Herrie the best? I really have no clue...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I always thought that nero detects what the max speed the media burns at, ie 32x media will burn up to 32 speed if 8x then surely the media is only 8x speed max
    Oscar.
    Quote Quote  
  6. No, haha Im not retarded. The media is 52x Imation cd-r
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, haha Im not retarded. The media is 52x Imation cd-r

Try it with some different burning software, if it still stays at 8x then it must be some kinda drive lock I have not upgraded my nero for three years and it burns upto 52 speed, must be some kinda software clash or wrong setting .
    Oscar.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by 3MCRW-156A
    The problem is that it will NOT let me burn a cd-r at over 8x, and if I try to, it gets to 5% and then Nero dies, giving me a generic error: Nero can not complete this burn bla bla bla."

If I burn the cd at 8x then it is fine, but I should be able to burn at 32x, however nothing above 8 has ever worked. Anyone have any ideas? Im using the original firmware.. would updating that make any difference?
    "bla bla bla" does not give us any helpful information.
    Help me help you!
    Post the Nero log file.
    Update to Nero 6.3.1.17, earlier versions of Nero had issues with the 2510A.
    WesleyTech.com - Blu-ray Disc & consumer technology news, reviews & articles
    Quote Quote