VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search PM
    I couldn't tell from the past posts whether you used MI or not (no readouts, or reference to it till now).

PLCreator sounds good, but as a solution it will suffer the same fate as all other playlist methods: only some players support playlists. And in this app's case, it only outputs PLS and M3U formats.

Good luck,

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    As of July 2018, do most MP3 players now support embedded chapters, or should I just use a .CUE file for each and every MP3 podcast as a safer approach to jump to locations in a given file ?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Would there be a simple solution to this if it didn't have to be free?
    All this need/discussion seems to suggest that someone could design a solution that they would deserve to be paid for.
    no?
    Quote Quote  
  4. It hasn't been suggested before (and I hope that the O.P. found a working solution in the last three years otherwise we are all damned and doomed !) but VLC Media Player can play directly from a ZIP/RAR archive (possibly other types as well) containing media files, and navigate between those files as if they were chapters of a single file. Other software players may have that capability. The archive ought to be created with the “store only” setting (although VLC can deal with compressed files, it could cause playback issues and/or increase CPU/memory usage).
    Quote Quote