VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I use VCDEasy v. 2.0.1 to make my VCDs with a movie with 12 chapters, a main menu and a selection scenes menu. When the last chapter ends I configure it to go to the main menu. But when I play it in the DVD player (mine and others) and the last chapter ends, it goes always to the second chapter instead the main menu.
    I had this problem with previous versions of the program.
    Anybody has the same problem? Anybody knows the solution?
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi Isengard!

But when I play it in the DVD player (mine and others) and the last chapter ends, it goes always to the second chapter instead the main menu.
    You have come to the right place, because there's a solution for this problem.

First of all, the chapters you have created is not really chapters, like those on a DVD, instead they are just entry points in the movie. Your VCD has 12 chapters, or entry points. When you starts your VCD from the menu, then entypoint 1 is selected. However, when the movie is played in the DVD, then the DVD-Player doesn't know when it enters the next entrypoint (e.g. no 2), it only remembers the last one selected (e.g. no 1 in your case).

Ok, when you come to the end of the mpeg-file itself, the DVD then search for next entrypoint which will be no 2 and that's why your menu isn't displayed and it jumps to chapter (entrypoint) no 2.

To solve this problem, do the following thing

1. Select chapter 1 as play item in Interactivity page
    2. Select your menu on the "then on timeout" drop down list
    3. Press the "..." button to the right of the "wait xx seconds"
    4. Select all the chapters in the list (1 to 12) as the same

Keep the Next and Prev interaction the same you have.

5. Author your VCD.

Now, it doesn't matter if you start on chapter 1, 5 or some other, since you have told the DVD player to select your menu after any of the 12 entry points is selected and the file is entering its ending.

// Znooky
    Quote Quote  
  3. It was true. I came to the right place. It works.
    I was considering the chapters like independent video files, not entry points of a unique video file.
    Thanks Znooky.
    Quote Quote