VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All,

I'm looking at the Acer Revo 3700 but need to know if it's possible to have 3D bluray iso playback using PowerDVD Ultra 3D?

I have an LG 3DTV and would like to get started on the 3D side of things for movies...

If not what other options is the in media players are available at this time!

Thanking anyone in advance...
    Quote Quote  
  2. The Acer Revo 3700 is simply a computer, so there isnt going to be an issue playing back any files.
    The best way to play back files, is a free program called VLC Player.
    Alternativly you can download Power ISO (or simler) and you can simply mount the image on a virtual drive and play it as if you had a blueray drive on your computer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As far as I know VLC won't play 3D bluray ISO files... So that's why I asked if the 3700 can handle something like powerdvd using 3D ISO files...

I'm not sure if the 3D side of things requires more grunt under the bonnet...

Many thanks for the only reply in about a month...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I stopped buying Cyberlink's products years ago because they kept making them crappier and more customer unfriendly with each release. Unless they've missed something with PowerDVD Ultra 3D, we've had reports that no recent PowerDVD versions will play BluRay ISOs from hard drives. You may be able to trick it by mounting the ISO with Daemon Tools or something similar. Don't know.

I know absolutely nothing about Intel's Atom CPUs so someone who actually knows something about them will have to respond and tell you if it's beefy enough to do the job or not.
    Quote Quote  
  5. This may be too late to help you, but others may also try and find this out and stumble across this thread.

I'm afraid that the Revo 3700 is unable to play 3D. The reason being that 3D needs two feeds, or essentially instead of 1920 x 1080 you need 3840 x 2160 which the Revo will never be able to cope with. XBMC allows 3D acceleration to help with HD playback, but it wont be able to dish that up.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Just a quick corrector .. You don't need 3840x2160, which I presume you got by simply doubling both dimensions 1920x1080?. Even by doing simple math that is quadrupling the screen size.
    AFAIK 3d is got by showing HD but interlaced eg 1080i .... it is the de-interlacing of this content that will bring your punoid processor to its knees, rather than any bandwidth requirements, altho they may need to be taken into account.
    So 3d content is still the same memory bandwidth when broadcast, and only 50% more on Blu-ray. Also HDMI 1.3 does not provide enough bandwidth for both 3D video and high-def audio.
    ISTBC, of course.
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    120hz screen is more important than anything else...
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote