VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've watched a lot of tutorials by now and none of them give good results.

This is what I'm doing:
    Recording in 2560x1440 lossless, editing in Premiere Pro and then export it, here are the settings:
    2560x1440, h.264, VBR 1 pass 140MBit/s average, 300MBit/s max., 60 fps

I know the bitrates seem high, but when I chose the Premiere template or use the suggested values from Youtube itself (something around 35MBit/s) the video looks aweful. Increasing the bitrate to values over 100MBit/s seem to increase the quality, even though Youtube re-renders it to their standards.
    The video itself has a lot of motion (just take any gameplay from fast paced shooters as reference) and this is my problem I guess. It looks fine when there is no real motion in the picture, but as soon as there is motion it gets blurry.

And yes, I do get the VP9 codec from Youtube.

Can anyone give me the best settings for exporting in Premiere Pro for Youtube?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe use the x264 plugin for Premiere. The H264 encoder provided with Adobe PP is not that great.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/385325-New-free-x264-plugin-for-premiere
    Quote Quote