VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, dear all.

How do you download videos from twitter?

For Chrome we have some add-ons / extension that can do it.

But for Firefox do we have some of them? Or for other browsers?

Plus: does it possible to save such videos using youtube-dl + some gui ( like youtube-dl-gui, DLNow Video Downloader, etc ) ?

If you know other programs or specific add-ons ( for Firefox, Chrome and even other browsers too ) that can do such task it will nice to hear it.

Thanks.

Best regards.

devil (johner)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I think Downloadhelper can do this on firefox, I already downloaded one or two vids sometime.

There is even sites who propose to download twitter videos online/without software, but I'm not sure that it's safe. I never tested it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. @ WazaKrash

Hi.

There is even sites who propose to download twitter videos online/without software

I have never tested such sites, but I'll do it.

For Chrome we have some extensions that can do it. But I do not find them for Firefox.

When I try to use Downloadhelper to download some videos from Twitter I can't do it. But I'll try it again. In some twitter pages I can find several videos inside. I must see if all videos are properly detected / available for dowloading.

But using youtube-dl ( and maybe some GUi's too ) do we can download videos from Twitter? Such program is very powerful and it seems to suppport Twitter site.

---> http://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/supportedsites.html

Do you know how to download videos from there using youtube-dl? Or do you know some tutorial teaching how to do it properly using such program?

I could find some little things:

---> https://www.reddit.com/r/Archiveteam/comments/5zr4bx/twitter_and_youtubedl/

---> https://eposvox.com/2016/09/how-to-download-videos-from-twitter-2-easy-methods/

Thanks for your time.

Best regards.

devil ( johner)
    Last edited by devilcoelhodog; 22nd Sep 2017 at 13:51.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by devilcoelhodog View Post
    But using youtube-dl ( and maybe some GUi's too ) do we can download videos from Twitter?
    Do you know how to download videos from there using youtube-dl? Or do you know some tutorial teaching how to do it properly using such program?
    I'm so sorry, buddy. I'm not really familiar with youtube-dl, I can't really help you for that
    It could be cool if someone who know y-dl well could have help you. Maybe try to ask in a Youtube-dl topic?
    Quote Quote  
  5. well, you don't need any extensions to download from Twitter.
    the easiest way is to copy the link which contains video and enter it here.

You can also download video using youtube-dl
    download youtube-dl.exe and run the following command

youtube-dl.exe [twitter_link_here]

[Attachment 44610 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote