VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello!

Only option to set x264 "keyint" paramter I've found in MeGUI's x264 settings dialog is on "Misc" tab, where you can manually add it to "Custom command line", etc:
    Code:
    --keyint 24
    But is it possible somehow to get this paramater to be set automatically according to frames lenth of 1 second of source video we going to encode, so if I have 720p60 video it, than "keyint" will be set to 60... if 1080p50, "keyint" will be set to 50 and so?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Select "FPS based" "GOP calculation" in advanced x264 settings. "Maximum GOP Size" sets --keyint so remove it from the "Custom command line".

[Attachment 48192 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by sneaker; 25th Feb 2019 at 05:43.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Just to add.....

You won't see --keyint in the command line section of the x264 encoder configuration when using MeGUI's defaults ("GOP calculation: FPS Based", "Max GOP 250", "Min GOP 25") but you can check the log file to confirm MeGUI is adjusting --keyint according to the frame rate as you're wanting it to (--keyint should be included in the x264 command line in the log file).

Mind you the bitrate reduction when using --keyint 500 for 50fps video etc is almost nothing (compared to the x264 default of --keyint 250), so I use "GOP Calculation: Fixed" and "Max GOP 250" for everything these days.
    Quote Quote