VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was looking through the internet at some gadget websites and came across some pocket dv camcorders, there were a few i came across such as a mustek one which was dv4000 and i think an aiptek one and some others. They were webcams, camcorders and some mp3 and could do digital stills with aswell.

Also i was wondering are they worth buying, they were around £100-£150 and just thought they could be used for good fun. If anyone has any recommendations on which one to get would be great and also if i should stay away and invest my money on another camcorder would be great!

I will get one from that website but not sure which is the best one as i dont undertsand the specifications so any help would be greatly appreciated.

The ones i were looking at are on the www.firebox.com website
    Thanx!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Most of these units will not capture greater than 15fps in low res mode, and 8fps in vga mode. Most only have digital zoom. They are HORRIBLE in low light.

Don't buy one of these.. Do yourself a favor, if money is an issue, just buy a refurbished DV camcorder. You will kick yourself if you buy one of these "pocket" devices.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    small camera equals small lens - not good!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Watch out for Aiptek products - they are completely unsupported - all email requests gets redirected to /dev/null.
    Quote Quote