VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    What is more likely to improve the picture quality of my VHS tapes and by what sort of margin;

JVC HR-S8600 VCR with DNR & TBC on.

or

Software noise removal/picture cleanup filters such as those available in TMPGEnc?

Just wonderring whether I'm better of buying a better VCR (the JVC above) or a DV-AVI capture card... I've already got a AVToolbox AVT-8710 (CTB100) TBC...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You have stop posting so many different topics all over the place, I'm not a mod here so you can take that advice or leave it. Nothing wrong with asking questions but 6 million of them all over the place and no one knows what you have asked and where you are going. All of your questions probably could been answered in your original thread.

Anyhow the DNR feature on a JVC can work miracles on tapes, analog material is best fixed through hardware before it's converted to a digital format. I wouldn't consider working without one.

If anything I would not have bought that TBC until I knew I needed it, if your tapes are in good shape you're probably not going to get much out of it anyway. On the other hand if you need it there's no replacement.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Once an analog error is digitized, it's pretty much impossible to correct. The only real exception is grain noise in video, and hiss in audio.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Go ahead and but a TBC - If you can afford a JVC with DNR & TBC, why not?

Anyway - read through the forums like the rest of us have - before throwing out a question.

What You're asking has likely been answered already somewhere else.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I realise I'm posting alot here, but believe me I DO search before asking and I do try and google for an answer first... Thankyou all for being so patient with me here .
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think the filters are better on the JVC super vhs. But thats just my experience. I dont use one of those avt devices.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Both, from what I've found and anything else you can throw at it, if your like me you still want be happy then!
    Quote Quote