VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. In table 2 of this mdisc link is the mdisc dvdr verbatim life expectancy test:

http://www.mdisc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/M-DISC_1sheet_Test_Summary.pdf

If in my storage conditions the rainy season is from January to May with a few days of very humid rain 70-80-90% RH and temperature of 29-30-31ēC and in the dry months without rain May to December the humidity is 63% morning, Afternoon 40%-50% night 64% and temperature morning 31 ° C, afternoon 32-36 ° C night 32 ° C, in these conditions what would be the expected life of the dvdr verbatim mdisc?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Going by their table -- something like 100 to 500 years. But in reality nobody really knows -- because accelerated aging tests don't necessarily correspond linearly to less severe conditions. Remember, that document is marketing BS. And 100 years from now nobody but a few archivists will have drives able to read the discs anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Did you read my conditions and did you read table 2? The most severe testing conditions are 40 ° C and 70% RH but my RH reaches 80-90% on rainy days if the cd / dvdr / dvdr mdisc verbatim reaches 80-90% it dies instantly? 80-90 is greater than 70%

I do not know how to calculate all my conditions quoted with the conditions in table 2 and set an approximate expectation
    Quote Quote  
  4. I did not understand
    Quote Quote  
  5. The most severe testing conditions are 40 ° C and 70% RH but my RH reaches 80-90% on rainy days if the cd / dvdr / dvdr mdisc verbatim reaches 80-90% it dies instantly? 80-90 is greater than 70%
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by mediafiles87 View Post
    my RH reaches 80-90% on rainy days if the cd / dvdr / dvdr mdisc verbatim reaches 80-90% it dies instantly?
    Of course not. Don't be an idiot.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Sorry but the mdisc was tested with 70% so I thought 80/90% would degrade the disk instantly
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    gamemaniaco is back again.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    gamemaniaco is back again.
    Yep, he's hyperactive at Digitalfaq lately (almost all the most recent posts are his), so figured he'd come back here soon.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mediafiles87 View Post
    Sorry but the mdisc was tested with 70% so I thought 80/90% would degrade the disk instantly
    As long as you don't store them in HCL you should be ok. What % HCL is it where you live?
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  11. What is HCL?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Here in my city on rainy days the humidity goes to 90% and a little more (it remains a few days in that humidity until the weather stays dry the humidity drops) temperature in days of rain is 29-32ēC the rainy season goes of the months of January to May and the rest of the year the humidity is low of 40-64% and temperature 31-36ēC

In table 2 of millenniata says that the dvdr mdisc verbatim lives 1332 years in 25 Cē 50% RH and maximum conditions he lives 53 years in 40ēC 70% RH

In my conditions where on some days of the year on rainy days the humidity goes to 90% and temperature 29-31 ° C on those rainy days from January to May and from May to December the climate is dry 40-64 ° RH and 31-36 ° C Which in your opinion is the life expectancy in years of mdisc verbatim dvdr stored inside case of dvd amaray, amaray case stored inside common plastic bag tied and bag inside box closed?

How many years would this mdisc dvdr verbatim live under my conditions? Compare millenniata test conditions and my conditions

table millenniata
    http://www.ritek.com/m-disc/tc/download/001-n.pdf
    Quote Quote  
  13. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mediafiles87 View Post
    How many years would this mdisc dvdr verbatim live under my conditions?
    Store them very carefully and check them in 1332 years to see if they're still readable.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote