VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am recording various 720P and 480P IPTV channels.

Right now I am having some issues with the 720P ones.

They record just fine and the only issue is they need an ffmpeg -c copy to fix the header as the timestamps are all messed up.

Cutting out the commercials is proving to be a daunting task.

I tried VideoRedo which worked great until I realized it leaves small video frames of the commercials in during breaks that don't have any black frames between commercial and show.

AviDemux works great but I can't visually see the audio on a graph like VideoRedo, so I am wasting a lot of time trying to get little "blips" out of the audio because I can't tell where the commercial's audio end and the show starts.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by RedPenguin View Post
    I am recording various 720P and 480P IPTV channels.

They record just fine and the only issue is they need an ffmpeg -c copy to fix the header as the timestamps are all messed up.

I tried VideoRedo which worked great until I realized it leaves small video frames of the commercials in during breaks that don't have any black frames between commercial and show.

AviDemux works great but I can't visually see the audio on a graph like VideoRedo, so I am wasting a lot of time trying to get little "blips" out of the audio because I can't tell where the commercial's audio end and the show starts.
    I use VideoReDo TV Suite and remove commercials by hand. I don't think that you will find other software that removes them perfectly. All of the automated commercial detection/removal tools that I have tried make mistakes. None of them can recognize the beginning and end of commercial breaks as accurately as human eyes and ears can.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 15th Aug 2020 at 17:49.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by RedPenguin View Post
    I am recording various 720P and 480P IPTV channels.

I use VideoReDo TV Suite and remove commercials by hand. I don't think that you will find other software that removes them perfectly. All of the automated commercial detection/removal tools that I have tried make mistakes. None of them can recognize the beginning and end of commercial breaks as accurately as human eyes and ears can.

Sorry for the confusion.

I am cutting by hand but strangely even though I clearly tell VideoRedo where to cut, a single frame or two of commercial remains stuck on some cuts where there are no black frames between show and commercial.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by RedPenguin View Post
    I am cutting by hand but strangely even though I clearly tell VideoRedo where to cut, a single frame or two of commercial remains stuck on some cuts where there are no black frames between show and commercial.
    When that happens in VideoReDo, when it leaves some unwanted frames that were marked for removal that means that the stream is messed up. Try to cut couple of frames earlier than your current cut and see what happens. Additionally, try to fix your original source TS in VideoReDo using tools/quickstream fix and not with ffmpeg.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well it looks like I finally hit the nail on the head!

It turns out I was testing with an old VideoRedo V5 which I found and got a trial of V6 and it seems like it works as expected.

I tried Quick Repair with VideoRedo V5 and V6 but oddly it can take 3+ hours to fix a single 2 hr file. Plus it gets to the end of the progress bar and sits for like another 20 min.

V6 works perfectly with ffmpeg -c copy and then edit it as usual the "corrected" file.

Not sure if it helped or not, but I did also upgrade my ffmpeg copy.

I was reading somewhere that V5 only had "Experimental H264 support" as it was originally an MPEG2 program and it didn't even support the HE-AAC Codec the TV Channel uses even though it did output it just fine. It just played it sounding all weird.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  8. I tried TSDoctor again but it oddly cuts part of the file off.

Like I put in a 4hr 10min file and I believe it spit out a 3hr 54min file or something.

Luckily other than one time, the ffmpeg then Quickfix with VideoRedo has been perfect.

It seems what throws off many players/editors is for commercial breaks, it goes to a "We'll Be Right Back" Loop.

I am amazed even after cutting how it takes a lot of CPU and HD Activity to play the TS but converted to mp4, it plays as smooth as butter.

I take it, TS files aren't cataloged well and need more resources? Seeking is terrible on the TS files (player sits for like 6-10 seconds) but excellent on the mp4s.
    Quote Quote