VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to add permanent subs and convert .avi-files to VCD.
    I used vobsub and TMPGenc to convert 2 avi-files already and they work fine.
    I have more avi-files that I'd like to convert and add permanent subs. But when I try to preview the subs with TMPGenc, they don't show up. So I dl ffdshow, but they still don't work and Directshow Multimedia File Reader is already at the top.
    Plus I checked with Windows Media Player if vobsub and ffdshow work and the subs show, but they don't show in TMPGenc preview.
    What have I done wrong? Can someone help me?

------------
    I also have a .dat-file and want to make a VCD with it. Do I have to change it to .mpeg before I use Nero? or can I just load the dat-file into Nero?
    Can TMPGenc convert .rmvb files to vcd? What program does?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Most of the time, you can just change the file extension from .dat to .mpg and it will play fine. If it is playable, then just leave it as a mpg file and burn with Nero.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's better (as in "gives you more control") if you add subs using VirtualDub and subtitler filter, frameserving to TMPGEnc.
    Nero has never been the first choice (not even the seventeenth) for creating VCD - VirtualDub + TMPGEnc + VCDEasy is the Three Musketeers of AVI to VCD.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  4. Note, if your going to add hardsubs, you might want to use avisynth and resize your .avi and add borders so the subs wont be cut off at the bottom of your tv screen due to overscan.
    Quality is my policy.
    Quote Quote