VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

so to merge two videos, I need to resize one of them from 720x576 to 704x576.

I tried to use Avidemux with it, but it always makes the video 25 fps progressive. I want to keep it interlaced tho.

Is that possible in avidemux? Or should I rather use avisynth?

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  2. Separate fields, resize only in horizontal direction, combine fields - probably fastest way to do such thing... Avidemux is to me way too unstable so can't help why it doesn't work correctly for you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I might be missing something, but shouldn't you be able to resize horizontally safely? I guess it depends on the resizer if it's even possible.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Separate fields, resize only in horizontal direction, combine fields - probably fastest way to do such thing... Avidemux is to me way too unstable so can't help why it doesn't work correctly for you.

How would I do what you suggested? I've never had to do it before, so I don't have any idea right now
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by xMike View Post
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Separate fields, resize only in horizontal direction, combine fields - probably fastest way to do such thing... Avidemux is to me way too unstable so can't help why it doesn't work correctly for you.

How would I do what you suggested? I've never had to do it before, so I don't have any idea right now
    Something like:

Code:
    separatefields()
    spline36resize(704,height)
    weave()
    Quote Quote  
  6. You don't need to separate fields to perform a horizontal resize

In avidemux you can apply the resize filter and encode interlaced and it will work

For example , if you were using x264, under the frame tab, select interlaced, and proper the field order
    Quote Quote