VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23
FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    I believe this error may mean that the plugin KNLMeansCL.dll tried to load a subsidiary system driver OpenCL.dll which does not exist on a system which does not support hardware acceleration for OpenCL.

You can certainly use QTGMC; just not with KNLMeansCL as denoiser. You will need to use a different plugin for this feature.
    I found solution which works (copy ffms2.dll file to KNLMeansCL folder and rename it to KNLMeansCL.dll). Of course it takes 134 hours instead of 12 hours in HandBrake (Decomb fith EEDI2 BOB), but quality of final picture/video is much more better (crystal clear image).

Only what still not works is VOBSUB extraction on VPS or on dedicated server, too.

"C:\StaxRip-v2.1.9.0-Beta-x64\Apps\Subtitles\BDSup2Sub++\bdsup2sub++.exe --forced-only -o "C:\FTP\Boris911\title_t00_temp\ID1 Czech_default_forced.idx" "C:\FTP\Boris911\title_t00_temp\ID1 Czech_default.idx"

ID1 Czech_default.idx

BDSup2Sub++ 1.0.3
    OPTION: Exporting only forced subtitles.
    Converting SUB/IDX
    Loading C:/FTP/Boris911/title_t00_temp/ID1 Czech_default.idx
    WARNING: Invalid end sequence offset -> no end time
    "

But it's O.K. My priority is encode deinterlaced 50FPS PAL x265 video from Interlaced MPEG-2 25FPS PAL video. Subtitles I can remux on another local PC after download final x265 video file.
    Last edited by Boris911; 23rd Mar 2021 at 10:18.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    There is Wiki page created by 44vince44 about this topic:

https://github.com/staxrip/staxrip/wiki#guides

You can ask questions about it on the staxrip issue tracker.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    There is Wiki page created by 44vince44 about this topic:

https://github.com/staxrip/staxrip/wiki#guides

You can ask questions about it on the staxrip issue tracker.
    Wow! This have much more performance, then previes guide witch replace DLL.

https://github.com/staxrip/staxrip/wiki/Intel-OpenCL-drivers-could-be-required-for-som...TGMC%2C-...%29
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone!! I've started using "StaxRip" recently. I have some doubts I hope you can help me.

For instance, when I open my script with AvsPMod, this message pops up: There is no function named "AddAutoloadDir"

I don't know how to fix this error to visualize my script.

However I don't have any problem when I encode the script.

Moreover, what script can I use to compare my result with original?

Thank you very much.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    StaxRip uses portable AviSynth+ by default while AvsPmod assumes that AviSynth+ is installed in your system.

Do one of the following.

---

In AvsPmod, go to Options > Program settings... and change AviSynth location settings to make use of the portable AviSynth libraries shipped with StaxRip.

[Attachment 58412 - Click to enlarge]

---

Or

---

Register the AviSynth libraries shipped with StaxRip to the system by running

<StaxRip-Folder>\Apps\FrameServer\Install\Install-AviSynth.bat

---
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you JKyle.

I tried to do what you told me, but in my AvsPmod doesn't appear option "External tool"

[Attachment 58423 - Click to enlarge]

The second chance, it doesn't work to me either.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Use the most recent version of AvsPmod with clean install.

And you don't have to do both. FYI, running the bat file should be done in CMD with admin rights if needed.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JKyle View Post
    Use the most recent version of AvsPmod with clean install.

And you don't have to do both. FYI, running the bat file should be done in CMD with admin rights if needed.

You're right, it was my fault, I didn't realize that my AvsPmod is older than you showed me.

I've just installed and I can open my script without problems.

The only thing I noticed is the colour is like they are washed, Is it normal?

Thank you very much, again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by David77 View Post
    It's because the source video is HDR but your monitor/video renderer (employed by AvsPmod) cannot render it correctly.

See this wiki document about tonemapping on the StaxRip GitHub repo.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JKyle View Post
    Originally Posted by David77 View Post
    It's because the source video is HDR but your monitor/video renderer (employed by AvsPmod) cannot render it correctly.

See this wiki document about tonemapping on the StaxRip GitHub repo.

Ok, I Get it.

Thank you for the wiki document. I'll check it carefully.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone.

I have a problem with command --zones.

I've added

--zones "--zones 1000,2000,crf=18/300,400,crf=19"

x265 [FLAW]: invalid argument: zones = --zones 1000,2000,crf=18/300,400,crf=19

I've tried different options, but I don't know how to fix this error

Any ideas?

Thank you.
    Last edited by David77; 18th Apr 2021 at 10:07.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Wrong x265 syntax.
    Refer to the x265 online manual: https://x265.readthedocs.io/en/latest/cli.html#cmdoption-zones
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you again JKyle.

I've been trying different options, my idea was to reduce the bitrate in different areas.

In the end, the best way I've found is something like this:

"0,4333,b=0.4/4332,89441,b=0.6/145580,0,b=0.5"
    Quote Quote  
  14. I have run into an error when using Staxrip 2.5.0 (also present in 2.4.0). I am getting the following error when using mClean on 4K video. I am using Avisynth+ and am not resizing the video, only cropping it. The cropped dimensions are all divisible by 2. Any ideas on this?

If I apply mClean before cropping I do not get this error. If I crop first then apply mClean I get it.
    Using Vapoursynth I do not get this error.

Script Error

Resize: Planar destination height must be a multiple of 2.
    (C:\StaxRip-v2.5.0-x64\Apps\Plugins\AVS\mClean\mClean.avsi, line 100)
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hi, I'm a new member here. I have a question about staxripe. Why when I render x264 to x265 using Qsync acceleration. Render speed gradually decreases, from 200fps from begin to 90fps at the end.
    When begin render, i notice in taskmanger use 100% gpu and then only 15% left and its nearly done.
    I have qsync installed already.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you so much for the new StaxRip v2.6.0
    Quote Quote  
  17. I love this Staxrip. I can drop filters in and out, and use script syntax, but with the convenience of a GUI.

Noob question, when I open a raw AVI file in Staxrip, it defaults to opening it with FFVideoSource.

FFVideoSource("%source_file%", cachefile="%source_temp_file%.ffindex")
    ConvertToYUV420()

Is the above best practice? Should I use it or something else?
    And do I need the Convert to YUV420 or should it be removed as I also am doing a Convert to YV12 afterwards?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by agisthos View Post
    when I open a raw AVI file in Staxrip, it defaults to opening it with FFVideoSource.

FFVideoSource("%source_file%", cachefile="%source_temp_file%.ffindex")
    ConvertToYUV420()

Is the above best practice? Should I use it or something else?
    It depends on the source file. If you're not happy with the default source filter, try switching to another by right-clicking on the Source item of the AVS Filters pane.

And do I need the Convert to YUV420 or should it be removed as I also am doing a Convert to YV12 afterwards?
    If you want to keep the original pixel format of the source file, turn off ToolsSettingsVideoAdd filter to convert chroma subsampling to 4:2:0.

And FYI, it is highly recommended to refer to the wiki documents on the StaxRip GitHub repo for other tips and info.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by JKyle View Post
    It depends on the source file. If you're not happy with the default source filter, try switching to another by right-clicking on the Source item of the AVS Filters pane.
    I'm so new at this JKyle I do not know if I should be happy or not with that source filter. That's why I am asking if its best practice for working with raw AVI captures. So far I have just been messing around with deinterlacing, noise reduction and sharpening on old VHS rips. What source filters do to effect the image, I just do not yet know.

There is another setting to add filter to auto correct frame rate, turn that off as well or leave it?

Bug Report : when adding KNLMeansCL Medium or Strong, both are the same settings. I think strong should be H=6 ? Light is 2, and Medium is 4.
    Last edited by agisthos; 31st May 2021 at 14:02.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I do not know if I should be happy or not with that source filter. That's why I am asking if its best practice for working with raw AVI captures. So far I have just been messing around with deinterlacing, noise reduction and sharpening on old VHS rips. What source filters do to effect the image, I just do not yet know.
    If the source filter doesn't have any problem in indexing/decoding the source, then stick to the chosen source filter. Use Preview(F5) and Script Info...(F2) for that.

For more info about basic concepts and other stuff, refer to the AviSynth wiki documents.

There is another setting to add filter to auto correct frame rate, turn that off as well or leave it?
    It depends on your use case. As for me, I've turned it off since I want to adjust the frame rate on my own.

Bug Report : when adding KNLMeansCL Medium or Strong, both are the same settings. I think strong should be H=6 ? Light is 2, and Medium is 4.
    Thanks for the info. Will be updated in the next release.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Hey Guys.

Can anybody guide me to how to add multiple .srip files to Job quoue.. Currently i am oppenning or dragging to Staxrip then add it to a Job.. No any other easy way ?
    Quote Quote  
  22. in future releases there will be ways to use GPUs to help the enconding process?. For example by selecting a gpu, among the available ones to help the encoding process. CPUs are better in encoding but very slow. The opencl technology with Windows 10 is not always supported by the operating system and often offers problems with the GPUs and there are malfunctions. Linux in this case, is the best solution. opencl support is much better under Linux and you can use hardware acceleration in a simple way.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hi,

first of all I want to thank everyone who worked on that great GUI.
    I'm mostly unsing Staxrip to restore wrong encoded videos and I'm an absolute noob in using AviSynth scripts, so Staxrip is very helpful to me.
    Now I would like to ask if you could add plugins to deblend and anti-alias progressive videos.
    I've already tried to add ExBlend but fail everytime
    Would be cool if you could add ExBlend, RestoreFPS and Ghostbuster in the next version or explain how I can add it myself.

Thanks in advance
    Pat
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello there, I am currently trying to re-code or encode 1561 original DVD rips (TS folder structure) to MKVs so I can use them with Plex internally. I have built an Excel sheet to parse the command line needed so I can run 10-15 a night and check logs. I am currently using Handbrake but have read that Staxrip handles h.265 better and makes better use of the available CPUs.

On the assumption that I do not want to change anything, so original resolution and passthrough AC3, and I do not care about file size (they are only 4GB to start with) what would be the best way to tackle those as a pure command line.

Thank you.

Andrew.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Fully automatic processing of DVD Video is not certainly possible, every DVD may have a different logical structure; the longest Program Chain may be your desired main movie, but it does not need to. You would be lucky if there was no exception among the thousands of discs (except all of them had been stripped from extras already, e.g. with DVD Shrink).

A better starting point may be a "PGC VOB", one continuous large VOB file which certainly contains only the Program Chain which is the main movie as you would watch it in one go, with only one video stream (no Multi Angle parts) and only one audio stream in your preferred language (that one may even be demultiplexed already).

This recommendation is more or less independent of the used converter. I hardly ever used StaxRip, so it might be smarter than I expect. But I only ever used it interactively. To process many movies in a batch, there may be more suitable tools, e.g. RipBot264 (it can encode with x265 as well), its main purpose is network distributed encoding but it can also run parallel encoding processes on the same PC, if I'm not wrong.

Anyway, don't melt your CPU. Your project is expensive, will devour a lot of energy. It may be faster and energy-saving to use only makeMKV to convert from DVD to MKV without recoding, keeping the original MPEG2 video streams.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    Anyway, don't melt your CPU. Your project is expensive, will devour a lot of energy. It may be faster and energy-saving to use only makeMKV to convert from DVD to MKV without recoding, keeping the original MPEG2 video streams.
    Thank you, I had a look at makeMKV but its only via a GUI.
    Quote Quote  
  27. A couple questions:
    1. Regarding this commit: How can I change these default values (after Staxrip is compiled)? Previously (version 2.5.0 and earlier) I would just modify the complied scripts themselves.
    2. I have been using Staxrip to benchmark my CPU settings (I am playing around with PBO for my R9 5950X) and I noticed that for the same file my encodes decrease by 0.25-0.30 fps when my computer has been running for several hours vs if I start the encode shortly after a reboot. I have tried setting the Staxrip priority to High, but this has no affect. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    2. CPU temperature throttling?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    2. CPU temperature throttling?
    Not that, temps are quite low (75C). I don't get throttling until 90C.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For those running an AMD GPU, the drivers above 21.5.1 break HEVC GPU encoding in StaxRip. I also tried 21.7.2 released yesterday that also throws the same error.

Error Video encoding (v2.7.0)

Video encoding returned exit code: 1 (0x1)

--------------------------- Video encoding ---------------------------

VCEEnc 6.12

"C:\Program Files\StaxRip\Apps\Encoders\VCEEnc\VCEEncC64.exe" --avsdll "C:\Program Files\StaxRip\Apps\FrameServer\AviSynth\AviSynth.dll" --codec hevc --cqp 20:22:25 -i "C:\Temp\Data\Newsbin\01CUT\testing_temp\testing.a vs" -o "C:\Temp\Data\Newsbin\01CUT\testing_temp\testing_o ut.hevc"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    C:\Temp\Data\Newsbin\01CUT\testing_temp\testing_ou t.hevc
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GPU #0 (AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT) [H.265/HEVC] does not support ouput format NV12.
    Finished with error in VCEEncC.

StaxRip.ErrorAbortException: Video encoding returned exit code: 1 (0x1)

--------------------------- Video encoding ---------------------------

VCEEnc 6.12

"C:\Program Files\StaxRip\Apps\Encoders\VCEEnc\VCEEncC64.exe" --avsdll "C:\Program Files\StaxRip\Apps\FrameServer\AviSynth\AviSynth.d ll" --codec hevc --cqp 20:22:25 -i "C:\Temp\Data\Newsbin\01CUT\testing_temp\testing.a vs" -o "C:\Temp\Data\Newsbin\01CUT\testing_temp\testing_o ut.hevc"

C:\Temp\Data\Newsbin\01CUT\testing_temp\testing_ou t.hevc
    GPU #0 (AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT) [H.265/HEVC] does not support ouput format NV12.
    Finished with error in VCEEncC.

at StaxRip.Proc.Start() in D:\Code\Github\staxrip\staxrip\Source\General\Proc .vb:line 361
    at StaxRip.VCEEnc.Encode() in D:\Code\Github\staxrip\staxrip\Source\Encoding\VCE Enc.vb:line 77
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.<>c__DisplayClass4 _0.<Invoke>b__0()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatch Info.Throw()
    at StaxRip.GlobalClass.ProcessJob(String jobPath) in D:\Code\Github\staxrip\staxrip\Source\General\Glob alClass.vb:line 371

When checking GPU features I get this:

device #0: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
    H.264/AVC encode features
    10bit depth: no
    acceleration: Hardware-accelerated
    max profile: High
    max level: 5.2
    max bitrate: 2147483 kbps
    ref frames: 1-16
    Bframe support: no
    HW instances: 0
    max streams: 16
    timeout support: yes

H.264/AVC input:
    Width: 128 - 4096
    Height: 128 - 4096
    alignment: 32
    Interlace: no
    pix format: NV12(native), YUV420P, YV12, BGRA, RGBA, ARGB
    memory type: DX11(native), OPENCL, OPENGL, HOST

H.264/AVC output:
    pix format: UNKNOWN(native)

H.265/HEVC encode features
    10bit depth: yes
    max profile: main
    max level: 6.2
    max bitrate: 2147483 kbps
    ref frames: 1-16
    timeout support: yes

H.265/HEVC input:
    pix format: NV12(native), YUV420P, YV12, BGRA, RGBA, ARGB

H.265/HEVC output:
    pix format: Unexpected(native), Unexpected(native)

device #0: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
    H.264/AVC decode features

H.264/AVC output:
    Width: 32 - 4096
    Height: 32 - 4080
    Interlace: yes
    pix format: NV12(native), BGRA, RGBA
    memory type: DX11(native)

H.265/HEVC decode features
    max streams: 0

H.265/HEVC output:
    Width: 32 - 7680
    Height: 32 - 4320

MPEG2 decode features

MPEG2 output:
    Width: 32 - 1920
    Height: 32 - 1080

VP9 decode features

VP9 output:
    Width: 32 - 7680
    Height: 32 - 4320

VC-1 decode features

VC-1 output:
    Width: 32 - 1920
    Height: 32 - 1080

As a possible work around is there a way to specify a different pix format/output format? I have been looking and havent found a way yet.
    Last edited by GlitterKill; 28th Jul 2021 at 11:59.
    Quote Quote