VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello!

I wanted to download some lectures from the ArtStation.com, but all I can see is a sequence of .m4f files.

Have not any idea what to do with them...

Details: ArtStation opens free access to all lectures until the end of the year. I wanted to download some, but stucked with described trouble.

You can see an example of lecture here:
    https://www.artstation.com/learning/courses/6yR/compositing-in-photoshop/chapters/yyN/...toshop-part-01

Any ideas how I could download these lectures?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    get mpd from this video .

Code:
    https://content-aaps1.uplynk.com/preplay2/2a74762d317e4371a474832f1bc2ec3f/2f1ba71f3e1d112c1908f4dcf4076cbc/F5IV7xnUjGhyCTNa090Pu5TvRIcLjtWjLIFAoiz8UvV.mpd?pbs=86c812f3c3f64d86bdd386df926f4e6f
    Use "yt-dlp" or "N_m3u8DL" to download video with mpd above

Used WidevineDecryptoron to get the key

Code:
    Found key: a86a7ad76593caf07f3ad70dd20d5c12 (KID=181b33e18eb94e638e3d3a98f206da08)
    Use mp4decrypt to decrypt video and audio

See this thread --> https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/400863-Downloading-encrypted-mpd-video-files
    Quote Quote  
  3. I also was interested in this, and following the info in this post and the post you linked to (as well as other posts) I have been able to get the encripted files, and was able to decrypt the video file, the audio was trickier to do, as the key seems to change much more frequently, so by the time the video is downloaded the audio key changes. The easy fix is to just reload the page, and hit play again and copy out the one key thats different of the 3, that should be the new audio key.

----

Used the Chrome extension Widevine L3 Decryptor (download that repository, unzip, open Chrome go to chrome://extensions/, hit the "Developer mode" toggle, drag and drop the unziped directory to the chrome window).

I also had to replace the Widevine DLL's (close Chrome first) then go to
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\<Your Chrome Version number>\WidevineCdm\_platform_specific\win_x64
    with the ones from this site (Or use an older version of Chrome.)

I downloaded YT-DLP and placed it in
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\YT-DLP
    and then added that folder to the Path (this page will tell you how to do it visualy if you need)

I downloaded mp4decrypt and placed it in
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\Bento4
    and then added
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\Bento4\bin
    to the Path

---

I then used Chrome to go to the video tutorials page. Loaded up the video and ran the developer tools. In the "Console" tab I get 3 WidevineDecryptor Keys.

In the "Network" tab I search for ".mpd" and then right click on it and select
    Code:
    Copy/Copy link address
    and then run the following in comand prompt

Code:
    yt-dlp --allow-unplayable-formats "pasted link goes here"
    The files will now have downloaded, I rename them ]video.mp4 and audio.m4a

It is now a good idea to refresh the page in Chrome, hit play on the video, and copy out the first key (the audio one) as it has likely changed since downloading the files.

I can then use mp4decrypt with one of the keys (seems to always be the 3rd one for video, and 1st one when I refreshed the page for audio) I got from the console in a previous step and it decrypts and can be opened and watched in VLC.
    Code:
    mp4decrypt --key <KID>:<Key> video.mp4 video_decrpted.mp4

Here is an example of the decrypt comand:

Code:
    mp4decrypt --key 7bf1353ce6744875910facc49da8a6c6:a779ee973a46ad8b738adeffa9f5fa0b  audio.m4a audio_decrpted.m4a
    If you also want subtitles, in Chrome/Dev Tools/ Network tab search for .srt, and then right click and open in new tab, this should download the subtitles for you.

Last step I use MKVtoolnixGUI to join the audio, video and subtitles together into an MKV
    Last edited by filiko-floro; 5th May 2021 at 23:58.
    Quote Quote  
  4. @therain @filiko-floro

Is there any way I can achieve this on Mac? Apparently yt-dlp isn't available for download on Mac.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    @therain @filiko-floro

Is there any way I can achieve this on Mac? Apparently yt-dlp isn't available for download on Mac.
    should work on mac, see under installation - https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp
    Quote Quote  
  6. forget poor mac and buy win pc...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    should work on mac, see under installation - https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp
    Ok, will try this soon, thank you tonnes!

Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    forget poor mac and buy win pc...
    Oh I am planning to do it this year, you have no idea. I am not liking the new OS updates.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, When I try to decrypt audio, it always gets corrupted and gives me a 1193:02:00 long .m4a file.
    Any Idea why?
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by zinetx View Post
    Hi, When I try to decrypt audio, it always gets corrupted and gives me a 1193:02:00 long .m4a file.
    Any Idea why?
    Thanks.
    A weird and long runtime of audio does not necessarily mean it's corrupted.
    Try merging it with the video and it might correct itself.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    Originally Posted by zinetx View Post
    Any Idea why?
    Thanks.
    A weird and long runtime of audio does not necessarily mean it's corrupted.
    Try merging it with the video and it might correct itself.
    Tried that, in many ways, didn't help.
    It just merges the corrupted audio file.

The audio file works, even without merging, but always gives a creppy 1 second high-pitched sound in the first 20 seconds and then nothing.

Tried this with different videos from different courses within Artstation Learning, same results.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by zinetx View Post
    Tried that, in many ways, didn't help.
    It just merges the corrupted audio file.

The audio file works, even without merging, but always gives a creppy 1 second high-pitched sound in the first 20 seconds and then nothing.

Tried this with different videos from different courses within Artstation Learning, same results.
    Hmm, I just checked and something "weird" is happening.
    I sometimes get different keys for the same link (it appears that the key for the audio keeps changing but for video it stays same).
    Sometimes the MPD is different.

There's something at play here
    Last edited by [ss]vegeta; 31st May 2021 at 08:06.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Question:
    In above post #3, it says:
    I downloaded mp4decrypt
    https://www.bento4.com/downloads/
    I went to that website but it only seems to have the software for Windows 10. How can I find the mp4decrypt for Windows 7?
    Quote Quote  
  13. work also on win7
    Quote Quote  
  14. Well done.
    Can you give a small hint/lead or something?
    Are we getting the wrong keys or there is more trickery involved?
    Quote Quote  
  15. The tool you are using does not show a valid 'key'.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LZAA View Post
    The tool you are using does not show a valid 'key'.

I don't think it's related to the key.

1- Why the video key is always valid and works while the audio key doesn't?
    2- Even before decrypting using the key, just downloading the audio from the mpd, while checking the properties, it shows the same 1193:20:00 length.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by zinetx View Post
    I don't think it's related to the key.
    LZAA cracked it, I don't see why he would lie to us.

The extension keeps giving different keys for the audio, almost every time you reload.
    So, in this case, the extension must be doing something wrong for getting the audio key.
    Quote Quote  
  18. these are the correct keys
    Code:
    Content key: KID:KEY
    Content key: 7f0734b732b64cada460b04a5c57d8c6:af3d0e83773f64f83fc420fe3cb62c68
    Content key: 181b33e18eb94e638e3d3a98f206da08:a86a7ad76593caf07f3ad70dd20d5c12
    Content key: e12f2b5c850a4e17b271ecf4143dbb02:49f8bc99a662ba07fd8bdc65f679f00c
    discord=notaghost9997
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by notaghost View Post
    these are the correct keys
    Code:
    Yes, thank you so much!
    I wasted whole day on this but glad "we" cracked it
    Thanks for your time notaghost, REALLY <3

For @zinetx
    After a few refreshes, even the extension gave the proper keys.
    [Attachment 59206 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    Thanks for your time notaghost, REALLY <3
    no problem (:
    discord=notaghost9997
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    Originally Posted by notaghost View Post
    these are the correct keys
    Code:
    For @zinetx
    After a few refreshes, even the extension gave the proper keys.
    [Attachment 59206 - Click to enlarge]
    It did work. The file length wasn't the problem, it was the key indeed.
    I was terribly wrong.
    After 6 refreshes it gave the correct key.
    Thanks a lot!
    Quote Quote  
  22. Hi everyone! I followed filiko-floro guide but, I get several errors in the console and the video won't load when I replace the Widevine dll and sig files so, I couldn't get the keys. There some workarounds for that? Any advice is much appreciated, thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by sam_sepiol View Post
    Hi everyone! I followed filiko-floro guide but, I get several errors in the console and the video won't load when I replace the Widevine dll and sig files so, I couldn't get the keys. There some workarounds for that? Any advice is much appreciated, thank you.
    Publicly, there isn't.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, the link for Widevine DLL's broken, follows with "This file does not exist." I tried many DLLs around but no luck, it runs but doesn't send any Keys, any way to fix it? thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by stonkee View Post
    Hi, the link for Widevine DLL's broken, follows with "This file does not exist." I tried many DLLs around but no luck, it runs but doesn't send any Keys, any way to fix it? thanks.
    Are you trying the old Widevine decryptor?
    You need Widevine Guesser.
    Quote Quote  
  26. psaframe
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by stonkee View Post
    Code:
     Hello old man.
    Are you ever tried widevine gusser?!!
    or widevine_guesser-1.0.6 for firefox.
    Quote Quote