VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 66
1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I heard there are yet no alternatives.
    The script will be revoked and blocked by Google and Widevine at May 31st.
    This means we will no longer be able to download and decrypt widevine contents.

How are you guys preparing for this change? Does anyone have an alternative?

2. many people have alternatives already it was never this only way to get content keys.

Edit: Please do not PM me about this i will not give you anything like chrome Widevine Decryptor L3 extension thank you.
    Last edited by notaghost; 29th May 2021 at 03:05. Reason: some people being rude about it if you do not provide them with what they need ...
    discord=notaghost9997

3. I don't really understand why they have "let us" use the extension for so many months since it was "revealed".
    Why they didn't just stop us using it in the first place?
    Obviously they've updated the dlls and we had to use old dlls.
    What exactly are they going to change so that the extension will stop working even with old dlls, and, once again, why they didn't do what they are going to do on 31 May, few months ago?

"With the release of this latest client, Widevine will be removing support for older browser clients on May 31, 2021."
    But I don't use an older browser client. I use the newest browser client with a small change of a dll module.

4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    I don't really understand why they have "let us" use the extension for so many months since it was "revealed".
    Why they didn't just stop us using it in the first place?
    Obviously they've updated the dlls and we had to use old dlls.
    What exactly are they going to change so that the extension will stop working even with old dlls, and, once again, why they didn't do what they are going to do on 31 May, few months ago?

"With the release of this latest client, Widevine will be removing support for older browser clients on May 31, 2021."
    But I don't use an older browser client. I use the newest browser client with a small change of a dll module.
    Unfortunately I believe you are wrong. Widevine is revoking the support for older DLLs which means after May 31, you won't be able to play or load any widevine content with older dlls. tomer, the original author of widevine l3 decryptor clearly said that after May 31 we won't be able to use any dlls that are older than 4.10.2209.0.

5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by notaghost View Post
    many people have alternatives already it was never this only way to get content keys.
    Can you tell me any alternatives you know?

6. Originally Posted by royjeon215 View Post
    Unfortunately I believe you are wrong. Widevine is revoking the support for older DLLs which means after May 31, you won't be able to play or load any widevine content with older dlls. tomer, the original author of widevine l3 decryptor clearly said that after May 31 we won't be able to use any dlls that are older than 4.10.2209.0.
    I mainly asked a bunch of questions.
    In what exactly am I wrong?
    I didn't say the extension will continue working or anything, even though it seems like I was hinting on something like that.
    Where did that tomer said that?

7. bump, can someone help with alternatives?

8. Originally Posted by no_neck View Post
    bump, can someone help with alternatives?
    +1, trying to find alternatives too, can anyone help?

9. Deceased
    Search PM
    May 31st is "Smile Day".

If you've been putting off any dental work, take care of it.

https://nationaltoday.com/national-smile-day/

10. There is a publically available script that predates Tomer's addon and I cannot say for sure, but probably forms the basis for the Chrome addon (?) Only Tomer could answer that. There are around a dozen forks of the git too.

The WV keys will still have to be made available for browser playback but will not be supplied to the dll. They will still have to be supplied though. The script does not utilise the dll like the addon does but still supplies them in txt format.

Tomer has said he is not releasing a new addon/extension. Someone else may.
    Last edited by codehound; 27th May 2021 at 18:44.

11. So, when's the D-DAY?
    Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow?
    Also, according to which time zone?

I feel anxious. Also a bit excited because challenges are interesting and extremely rewarding.
    Last edited by [ss]vegeta; 30th May 2021 at 08:25.

12. Member
    Search PM
    So, when's the D-DAY?
    Check https://widevine.rip/

13. Originally Posted by lfer94 View Post
    So, when's the D-DAY?
    Check https://widevine.rip/
    it is getting closer, i don't think they will going to make chrome check for you cdm because this can be bypassed.
    they are going to modify it entirly.

14. Originally Posted by lfer94 View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't consider a 'fan' made joke site with a simple countdown timer as a reliable source.
    As a proof, that site now shows a popular meme indicating something died but the extension still works at 2 sites I checked.
    And one of those sites is HBO.

15. when you request for the key you also send them your cdm version they can block it and they will.

some websites have it already blocked.
    Code:
    {"code":2042,"message":"To play this video, upgrade Chrome to v89. If already on Chrome 89, open chrome://components and update "Widevine Content Decryption Module""}
    this was from : https://online.codingblocks.com/app/player/173267/content/173597/10737/lecture
    keys requested by: @[ss]vegeta

this is exactly the same fate that happened with Nexus widevine L1 when it was leaked to some people.
    now if you will request keys by nexus L1 cdm
    you get message something like this:
    Code:
    ACCESS_DENIED
    this website https://widevine.rip/ shows the approximate time taken from https://www.widevine.com/news which is the official notice
    discord=notaghost9997

16. Originally Posted by notaghost View Post
    But this was like a month ago or something.
    So this "widespread automatic ban" as it is "advertised", does not seem to be that way.
    Still, developers will have to manually modify stuff and they could have done that months ago.
    Let's hope most of them won't.

17. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lfer94 View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't consider a 'fan' made joke site with a simple countdown timer as a reliable source.
    As a proof, that site now shows a popular meme indicating something died but the extension still works at 2 sites I checked.
    And one of those sites is HBO.
    I though that site was official. But, yes, it's still working for me (for now).

18. Originally Posted by lfer94 View Post
    I though that site was official.
    Really? You thought the Widevine devs would make a site with .rip domain and put a countdown timer on it?
    To laugh at us that we will not able to get keys anymore?

19. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lfer94 View Post
    I though that site was official.
    Really? You thought the Widevine devs would make a site with .rip domain and put a countdown timer on it?
    To laugh at us that we will not able to get keys anymore?
    Why not?

Last edited by lfer94; 1st Jun 2021 at 04:41.

20. ❌ ChromeCDM 1610 (13701) has been revoked
    discord=notaghost9997

21. Originally Posted by notaghost View Post
    ❌ ChromeCDM 1610 (13701) has been revoked
    Indeed.
    This is a sad, sad day

22. Member
    Search Comp PM

23. Average video editor Sviests's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Lucky for me the 2 sites i'm using (they're not globally popular) still work just fine.

24. ...
    Last edited by notaghost; 1st Jun 2021 at 17:46.
    discord=notaghost9997

25. Member
    Search PM
    Can confirm that Stan (AU) no longer works.

Although gratitude to all those here who left enough breadcrumbs around for me to cotton on to this method, it gave me enough time to do what I needed to do. It was a short few hours but fruitful.

26. So, is there any new way to get the keys without the extinsion after it's death?

27. ITV Hub + CTV also no longer working.

28. psaframe
    Search PM
    netflix and amazon is revoked.

Playready has been cracked by....

29. Has anyone been able to use WVClient3 to get keys? https://github.com/fotile96/WVClient3
    or is it also affected by this change?

30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by naim2007 View Post
    netflix and amazon is revoked.

Playready has been cracked by....
    you could always try the dvdfab streaming downloader - https://www.dvdfab.cn/downloader.htm?ad=forum_downloader
    has support for Netflix & Amazon HBO max funamation and adult websites !!