VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I originally discovered I couldn't capture video via VirtualDub, but then realized I also can't capture audio from the three said programs which is probably why VirtualDub can't capture. I can hear the audio as I'm attempting to capture. All drivers are up to date. I can access all feature in the Foscusrite card. All three programs recognize both the 18i8 and the 827e, yet lock up when attempting to capture.

-Sound Forge & Vegas Pro error message: an error occurred while recording. A device is not available.
    -Audacity error message: error opening recording device

usb soundcard: Focusrite Scarlett 18i8
    pci/e video & audio card: Osprey 827e

I've tried everything I can think to get these programs to capture. Any suggestions are much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try uninstalling and reinstall the drivers,if that fails try the device in another computer.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Try uninstalling and reinstall the drivers,if that fails try the device in another computer.
    Thanks johns0. I found the problem; I had all of the microphone apps turned off. I had an issue with 827e six months ago and it was recommended I turn all apps that can access the mic off. Didn't have an issue with not being able to cap from VirtualDub, or any of the audio programs at that time. Turned them on and now I can cap with all desired programs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I had that issue as well,couldn't use my headset on discord cause i turned off apps using microphone as well,glad you found the problem.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote