VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to choose between a Panasonic DMR85 and a LG4820. Both have an 80gb HDD and similar features though the LG has a DV input and uses DVD-RW both which I prefer. Both units are very similarly priced in Brisbane, Australia. Any comments from users of either would be greatly appreciated. As I have a lot of DVD movies ex DVD Shrink the ability to play these would be essential. My current LG player often freezes but a cheap player seems to manage OK
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm looking at the Toshiba with 80gig hard drive, have you checked it out? It sells for $1249 at "HARDLY NORMAL" in Melbourne, and it does + - RAM.
    "Whenever I need to "get away,'' I just get away in my mind. I go to my imaginary spot, where the beach is perfect and the water is perfect and the weather is perfect. The only bad thing there are the flies. They're terrible!" Jack Handey
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for that. I will look that one up. I would probably also like a JVC but that seems a bit dicey. The Panasonic is just under 1200 and the LG is 1200 so they're pretty identical. I haven't looked at H/N. They're usually a bit dearer than others
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Believe me that H/N staff will ALWAYS drop their prices. This is what I do. I get my best price from other stores and then ask H/N "can you beat this?" and they will.

BTW The Toshiba has a front DV slot.
    "Whenever I need to "get away,'' I just get away in my mind. I go to my imaginary spot, where the beach is perfect and the water is perfect and the weather is perfect. The only bad thing there are the flies. They're terrible!" Jack Handey
    Quote Quote