VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all,
    I have been trying to figure out why in the heck when I encode the movie using FlaskMPEG & LameMP3 and almost everytime I encode the movie the damn audio is off by couple of seconds.
    I have tried the Gordian from doom9.org ( which takes a long time to get it done ) etc but still I am having the problem with the audio.
    If anyone know what is the best way to fix it or some good combo of software that would actually work I really appreciate it.
    "Computers are stupid, but they are capable of being stupid one million times per second"
    Quote Quote  
  2. what program are you using to rip the vob? or are you using a real time capture card?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using the SmartRipper to rip the VOBs
    & the card I have is the Radeon AIW 32MB DDR
    My DVDPlayer is the Toshiba 16X
    Hope you can help a little

P.S. My sound card is the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
    "Computers are stupid, but they are capable of being stupid one million times per second"
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Spooky,

I tried the FLASKmpeg route for a while and just got fed up with it myself. My next step was to use DVDx (after using Smartripper) to create some rather OK (at first I thought WOW!) looking VCDs.

My next step (and my latest WOW!) is to use Smartripper to rip the vobs, DVD2AVI to create a video and audio file for input to TMPGenc to re-encode. In TMPGenc, I use highest quality for video and use the defaults for simple color correction and sharpen edge. Who knows where I'll go from here but I'm very happy with my results.

PS: The AIW Radeon 32DDR or sound card doesn't even come into the equation for ripping.
    Have a good one,

neomaine

NEW! VideoHelp.com F@H team 166011!
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=166011

Folding@Home FAQ and download: http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Quote Quote  
  5. im not to sure why your getting this problem but hav you tried to play the disc in your dvd-rom drive? some older dvd roms have problems with the duel layers of the newer dvd. if it is that may be why your getting out of sync on the rip. or a scratch also
    Quote Quote