VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I get good quality watching on my tv or through my Sony RDR-Hx710. I got a Panasonic nv-gs 550. As living in Europe I use the PAL system.

I use this card http://www.ebay.com/itm/3fach-Firewire-PCI-Express-Karte-c813-/310351192316?hash=item4...wAAOSwjKFZWKon
    Brand new cable 4 pin to 6 pin.

I used Avcutty, Dvdate, WinDV and some more.

I get good sound byt i got rough pixels not as smooth as playback on other units. Also diagonal edges on objects expands and are shown as a line of pixels in more fast moment.

Haven't found any settings to solve the problem. I guess I need the right program, recoding settings och change the outcome of the file. (I read about the encoding, that I can't encode while capturing.) My goal is to be able to watch the movies with VLC for example.

Many thanks in advance! Sorry if I ask a question with an answer in the forum. Have a deadline and tried to find an answer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    First off, if you use WinDV there is no alteration between the original camera footage and what you 'capture' to the PC. Never used AVCutty so do not know what, if anything, it does to the footage.

What are you using to view the 'captured' footage ? You appear to be describing an interlacing issue. And that might be an issue with the viewing program rather than the footage itself.

I would suggest to upload a short sample of the original 'captured' footage both from AVCutty and WinDV so that we can get a better idea of what may be going on.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Make sure deinterlacing is enabled in VLC (Automatic should work for DV AVI). And set it to Yadif (2x). Look better?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Many thanks!

Automatic deinterlacing and Yadif 2 is SUPER! I'm very pleased! Thank you all that replied.
    Quote Quote